Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Re-paint and Thin no more!


I am FINALLY done painting the spindles on our deck... The only thing paint-wise left to do is paint around the garage doors and the front spindles.

If you look closely at the spindles, you can see a few that the dog chewed on. Darn dog... If the spindle wasn't chewed all the way thru, we just decided to paint over it for now and we'll worry about it later. My BIL replaced the areas that our dog totally devoured...

Last night the black clouds were rolling in and the wind whipped around me spraying the dripping paint across the yard. I'm frantically trying to swipe down each spindle with all it's grooves and crevasses before the storm hits. I'm determined to get done and almost hang up on my husband who called me back when I accidentally "butt" dialed him. I don't know how I did that since the phone is a flip top and was stuck on my hip... I think it must have hit my folding chair as I worked... weird.

Anyway... The back is done. If I don't get the front spindles painted with the final coat, I'm not going to worry about it too much. The primer coat on them looks pretty good. I would like to get the garage frames done tho. They've only got the primer in splotches.

The carpet was professionally cleaned yesterday, yet wasn't able to get the grape pop spot that just got dumped a few days ago. darn. I may use bleach... it's offwhite carpet, but I've done that before in a pinch...

Getting closer!! I'm taking off Friday from work to finish up the last minute stuff and help Robb with the cooking ahead food. Picking up the rootbeer keg, taking dogs to the kennel, mowing again, etc. Then Saturday more of the same, with picking up the cake, buns and more pop.

Robb has tried out our new electric smoker grill a few times this week to try it out and YUM! He made a pork loin roast in it the first time and I've never tasted any meat more moist. Oh my, was that good... Yesterday he smoked a beef brisket. I think it went a little too long, but it was still very good. Saturday he'll do the majority of the meatsmoking for the guests that night.

Boy - I hope someone comes to the graduation party...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails