Thursday, October 29, 2009

Eye Candy

No! It's NOT Edward! I'm just not into those books and movies...

This is for anyone who appreciates beautiful clothing and/or sewing... Ann @ Gorgeous Fabrics (go tell her hey!) brought my attention to this book, so I checked with our local library and they did an interlibrary loan for it! I've had it now almost two weeks and it is gorgeous! Plus I didn't have to pay $70 for it! The book is really heavy and thick! It contains designs from the famous designer Valentino throughout the years.

The girls have picked out all their prom dresses for years to come and took pictures of everything that caught their eye. Now I have to figure out how to make them...






















12 comments:

Macey said...

Lots of pretties! Are you gonna be able to make them? That would be awesome.

HaB said...

*drooling* Yep....for sure. I am drooling all over my keyboard.

Old school Valentino is...well, I can even come up with a word to describe it. *dreamy sigh*

McVal said...

I would love to be able to make these! I don't think Simplicity has the pattern... I'll have to master the art of draping and watch a LOT more Project Runway!

Southern Gal said...

I'm sure you could do that!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty but I would be scared! Copying one of these dress would be the end for me but I know you can do it. But I would start now!!!

Pam said...

Those are lovely! I'll be watching to see how they turn out if you ever get to make them. : )
I'll have a post about the November contest whenever I get it together--usually the first week of the month.
I also have a link to click on my sidebar under contests.

Brandi said...

NOT. INTO. EDWARD??? Wha??! HAHA!

The book looks fabulous! I just recently started watching project runway. My mom has always raved about it, but I didn't think I would like it. What was I thinking? It is so cool to watch them design and sew the clothing. I WISH I could sew like that! ;)

Helene said...

All those dresses are beautiful!! There's no way I could ever sew something like those dresses....I'd probably pay someone to do it for me!

Don't you just love when you're able to get an expensive book through the library?

Dawn said...

No offense, but I'll stick with Edward ;)

Carma Sez said...

You've taken on quite a challenge. Hoping you aren't cursing the book come prom time ;-)

Bow Cheeky Creations said...

Wow! Beautiful dresses.

kado! said...

...ok..i love you even more now...i'm not a fan of those over talked about books and movies either...give me Valentino anyday! i LOVE that second picture..the drawing...that would be BEAUTIFUL on! Can't wait to see your finished project!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails