Monday, December 21, 2009

LAST Elementary school Christmas party!!!!! WHAAA!!

The LAST school Christmas party I ever go to!!! Ok I did this at Halloween too... Next year in 5th grade, middle school, parents don't go to the parties. Bummer! I love these things!

Today's party, they served cookies and ice cream sundaes! Meri had a ball! and I got a sundae!

The weekend was fun but busy! Friday night, Robb and I actually had a date!! Well - kind of. We ate at a fancy smancy restaurant for his office Christmas party. Had a great time catching up with my old friends and co-workers. I used to work there too.

We got a ton of shopping done on Saturday, got lunch at the HuHot, then finished up shopping in the afternoon. Kids fell asleep while I was in the fabric store. I thought Robb was going to take them to the 1/2 price bookstore, but I was mistaken. Baked the cookies that night for the neighbors, but forgot about the cookies Meri was supposed to bring this morning, so a portion of them went for that. I guess I'll have to make more tomorrow night! Or cut down on how many each neighbor gets...

On Sunday afternoon and evening, I made 13 pillowcases. Whew! Fast, but they look great! I'll shoot a picture of them tonight. This week, I'm finishing up about 10 scarves and then I'm just about done. Not sure how I'm going to fit them in, but I guess that's why I'm taking off Wednesday and Thursday from work, isn't it?!

Should be a rush of a week! Have a good one!

6 comments:

Sonya Ann said...

I was so sad when the parties ended. DJ will be going to High school next year and Anna will be at college. Do you think I could borrow someones kid? But the good news is, there is always a new adventure with each age.

KK said...

Oh my gosh, you are wonderwoman! Take a nap :)

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

whew indeed!
You are one busy bee~
I won't be surprised if you weaved your own textile for those pillow cases...hehe
xo*

slugmama said...

After reading this, I think I need a nap!lol

Don't lament the end of grade school parties.....just think, before you know it, you'll be the GRANDMA going to the parties.hehehe

I would so love to be in a family where my sewing/crocheting skills were appreciated. No one wants anything I can make them by hand! I crocheted a scarf and I have no one to give it to. Isn't that sad? And it's not fugly either.lolol
Can we trade families for a year? ;-)

Flat Creek Farm said...

Wow, you've been busy! I still miss elementary parties and my son is 27 :) That was such a fun part of my life. Hope it was for his too.. lol. Oh, the memories. Merry Christmas to you and yours! -Tammy

XUE said...

I totally know how you feel as my 9 year old will be in 5th Grade next year too. No more mothers required.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails