Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Singing, dinging & sewing

Oh! I had to tell you a funny on my 9 year old! Every time Karen Carpenter's Home for the Holidays song comes on the radio, I've been changing the words a little and she's been complaining, but I told her that it fits and those are the actual words...

So - instead of...
From Atlantic to Pacific, Gee the traffic is terrific

to...

Try the gray stuff, it's delicious, don't believe me, ask the dishes! (if you don't recognize this.. you haven't watched Beauty and the Beast 1000 times, as I have...)

So on the way home from the concert last night, she rode with Robb and that song came on the radio, so she sang it my way and shocked everyone in the car! I would have died laughing!!! if I'd been with them!

I need to quit corrupting my children, huh?
I thought I'd show you the pillowcases I made over the weekend. Also including the directions for you if you want to make your own! Someday I'll do a tutorial post on it, if you're interested...
Maddy's vocal and band concert last night was great! It's so impressive to hear a high school performance and then remember back when these kids were first learning their instruments & learning vocal parts in 5th grade... The difference floors me!


Have a wonderful Christmas all!

11 comments:

Brandi said...

The pillowcases are great! I just made a slip cover for a throw pillow that's on our couch. I had actually wanted to make Christmas pillowcases for the boys, so I will definitely use your instructions!

I also finished a baby blanket that I started while I was pregnant. I kept putting it off because I was afraid to try and sew on the silky binding, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. :) *smile* I love it when I have a chance to sew.

A very Merry Christmas to you and your family, if I don't get back around before then! :)

Southern Gal said...

Love those pillowcases! I also love the Carpenter's Merry Christmas, Darling. I've got to go get my CD now.

Sonya Ann said...

You really are talented! My MIL loves to make pillow cases too. She made some for Halloween. I have no talent. I'll tell her about this. She would love to get everything on clearance and then make it for next year.
And it seems that you kids are just as talented as you are!

InspiredDreamer said...

So just as I was starting to read your post, guess what song came on the radio?? SOoo funny!!

And those pillowcases are gorgeous. Do you sell them? You really should!

Annie Jones said...

So cute! Both the pillow cases and the singing.

KK said...

Corrupt away, that's funny. Oh those pillow cases are fabulous!

Unknown said...

I love the pillowcases you made. Hope you have a very merry Christmas

Big Mama Cass said...

Those are great! you are so talented!!

The Old Parsonage said...

Just popping in to wish you a very Merry Christmas!
Leann

Just Joany said...

If you can't corrupt your own kids, then who can you corrupt? I love the pillowcases. Yes, I would love to see your tutorials. My ability in sewing is sooooo bad, but I love trying.

Merry Christmas! ~ Just Joany
Red Wagon Flights

kado! said...

i wish i could sew like you...i think i need a new sewing machine...I'm scared of the one i have!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails