Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Room With A View

The first picture here was taken on Tuesday. We'd had a bit of snow the previous night, but nothing too bad yet. You can still see the trunk of the tree in the middle of the pic.
Now in this one, taken this morning from my office window, the trunk is gone. Snow has drifted up to the base of the branches! So about 3.5 feet on my front patio...
I spent 1.5 hours in the dark last night running the snowblower. I'm SOOO glad it started! The wind had been blowing all day in the blizzard and made a lot of it rock hard. But my trusty snow blower chopped up those drifts! The pics of our cars is on a different camera, so I'll get those sometime. One huge drift covered the front hoods of all three cars as they were parked in the driveway. I plowed out behind them, had someone back them up, and then noticed that my car in particular had so much snow blown under it, that it was almost high centered on snow! Ouch!

Just to get our mind off the cold... Enjoy these!

6 comments:

Carma Sez said...

3.5 feet - woweeeee! Sounds like you are prepared though. We typically have one day of snow a year. None yet...

Macey said...

Love those pictures! The snow looks pretty, but it's a pain in the butt!

karen said...

Snowblowers. What an awesome invention. But most times mine doesn't start. Good thing yours is working. That's a lot of snow! We got a good amount too! I love it!

Southern Gal said...

Wow. That's beautiful.

The last pictures could have been taken here last week.

InspiredDreamer said...

Oh my goodness, you sure have gotten a lot of snow!!! Thanks for putting up those nice summery pictures... it'll be a while before I'm outside in flip-flops again. :)

Brandi said...

OMW!!! That's a lot of snow! It's pretty, but BRRRRRR! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails