Friday, December 11, 2009

Pranks we have known and loved...

When I was on maternity leave with my eldest, I made friends with the neighbor who lived across the alley from us. She was just about to have a baby too! Afterwards we strolled our babies all over town and we became known (maybe only to ourselves) as the baby brigade. Her family and mine have been very close ever since. They have a great sense of weird humor that we have felt necessary to exploit on occasion. So they were popular people to pull pranks on.

For the purpose of this post, I will call them Barney and Betty. Not their real names.

Prank one: Operation Snowman

Robb and I used to work together, so on our lunch breaks, we'd go home for lunch. Only a 6-8 minute drive. One day we planned and drove around the block past Barney and Betty's house. Seeing that no one was home, we attacked!

We built a snowman on their front stoop that looked like it was looking in their front glass door. As quickly as we could, we patted and shaped it. It looked pretty good! We chuckled thru the rest of our lunch break...

We didn't hear from them all that day... The next day however, we did. They mainly used the door by the garage so they don't use the front very often. But the next morning, Betty was walking past the door in just a tee shirt and nearly had a heart attack caused by the peeping snowman!

Mission accomplished!
The best part was... Since they had left it overnight, it froze rock solid that way and they weren't able to use the front door until the spring thaw... And every time Betty walked past, her heart skipped a beat. Good thing she was young and her heart could take it.

Prank Two: Crazy stalker

Betty and Barney had gone to a party where he worked. While they were there Betty was alone for a moment and a woman she didn't know came up to her. This crazy woman said, "I know what you're trying to do! I'm not stupid! He's all mine!"

?? Poor Betty! She was so bewildered, she didn't know what to say. The crazy woman stared at her all evening. Betty was so perplexed that she called me as soon as she got home and told me all about it.

So because we're such fun loving people, Robb decided we had to freak her out just a little bit more...
Yes.. my husband took it upon himself to create a ransom type note with scissors and glue and made it look like the crazy woman had found out where Betty lives. We couldn't mail it from our town, because that would be too obvious, so Robb drove the 30 minutes to mail it from the town where her party was...

Yeah... She freaked when she got it! We had her convinced for over a week that the crazy woman had found out who she was. Betty didn't know what she'd done to deserve this.

Mission accomplished.

16 comments:

M said...

That snowman is the funniest thing! I am now trying to figure out who I can do that too!!

Southern Gal said...

Pranksters, eh?

Check out this one I read a few minutes ago:
http://artnsewl.blogspot.com/2009/12/best-decoration-ever.html

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

whahaha...too funny!
Great way to start my day, thank you~
xo*

Brandi said...

Oh my gosh! That is HILARIOUS! I absolutely ♥ the snowman!

Macey said...

Oh my goodness, the snowman is hilarious! But I feel sorry for her with the note thing...although it's hilarious too!

Sonya Ann said...

I want to live next to you! I love your sense of humor. Did you ever find out what the crazy woman was talking about?
And to drive 30 minutes to mail the ransom letter is FUNNY!

Bombshell BLISS said...

You wicked. Hysterical, but wicked. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Y'all are bad!! :) Loved the snowman prank the best-est! Thanks for the chuckles (and *maybe* I'm kinda glad we don't live closer. i could be pranked! i'm an easy target too... lol) -Tammy

Unknown said...

ROTFL! those are world-class pranks! did they ever figure out you guys are behind the stunts?

Elle Bee said...

Oh THAT is so funny!!! The snowman was the best. I laughed out loud when I saw that. The ransom note was pretty fantastic too. I love that your husband drove 30 minutes to mail it! Now that's some hardcore pranking!

Vierra and Bianca said...

yeah for accomplished missions

Like honesty? Check out our adVENTure in 100% good, bad, and ugly blogging...we say what everyone else is thinking!

Pam said...

That is so wicked, but incredibly funny! lol
I can imagine her reaction to the stalker.

Sonya Ann said...

Just stopped over to say Hi!

KK said...

You are horrible and hilarious!!!!

kado! said...

oh man! I love that snowman prank!!! That is the best!

CCW said...

AWE. SOME. NESS.

Popped over to say thx for stopping by my place, SITSa, and am loving what I'm reading. :-)

Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails