Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lilliput childrens corner

Do you have a niece or nephew that has totally taken with you? Totally bonded? and has you wrapped around their little finger?

I do...

Actually I have several nieces and nephews, I think in the range of 40 something at last count. Seriously! One of my younger sisters, Melanie, and her family stopped by yesterday afternoon and stayed over until this morning.Maddy holding two of my nieces, Brooke and Lily. Maddy has taken over ye-old coveted role of Candy Cousin (or aunt in my case)
I took them swimming uptown with Melanie and had to rescue little Lily several times from going out into the deep water. It's a zero entry pool, so it really keeps you on your toes if you've got little ones.So it may have been my life saving qualities that bonded her to me for life... or it might have been when I took her out on the hammock and we sat swinging on our backs pointing out birds that might have done it. I think it was the hammock...

This morning, Melanie brought her upstairs and the first thing she did was run to me. Yes, run, lifting up her arms for me to pick her up. It was little hard making pancakes in this state, so I turned over the breakfast making to Mel while I enjoyed this little girls attentions.

She and I went into the restroom for her to use the little girl potty and I sat on the big one, holding a Burpee catalog open for her to point out the flowers and tomatoes. Then I remembered I had a few Country mags in there and she enjoyed the sheep and horses much more. I sent those along with her on their trip.

We tested her aunt loyalties when Meri wondered why I was carrying Lil all morning. I had Meri take her into the entryway and set her down.

BAM! She turned around and ran right back into my arms! It was cuter and far more touching than the movie Homeward Bound!What a sweetie!

10 comments:

kshotz said...

Yep, I know the feeling! We're going to spend a week in Wisconsin togther next week....can't wait! (Although Jeremy's kids have really taken to Amanda since she was over there for college, so they may run to her instead of me....we'll see!) Glad you had a good visit!

Macey said...

I remember having a cousin that for some reason I have always felt bonded with. I don't know what it was...but I just stuck to her like white on rice. And I LOVE her. :)

liz said...

what a good aunt you are to be that involved!

Leah said...

What little cutties! What a great auntie you are!

Babes Mami said...

I love being an Auntie! You beat me in numbers surprisingly I have 13!

mamahasspoken said...

Aw, she is a cutie pie!

Unknown said...

How sweet! Glad you enjoyed your time with family!! :)

Sonya Ann said...

You can tell that they are related!!! OMG they are super perfect!

Frances said...

All my nieces and nephews are adult now. If any of them wanted me to pick them up, I would be a little nervous. LOL!

Those little girls are adorable!

KK said...

Oh yeah, what would I do without my nieces and nephew?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails