Monday, August 16, 2010

A Beefcake Birthday!

We celebrated a birthday with Mike yesterday. I don't remember how old he is, so we stuck 9 candles on the cake. I made it myself! What do you think?

Well - this cake has a little secret... Mike is definitely a meat and potatoes kind of guy, but he does love chocolate and sweet things too.

The secret ingredient to this cake was...

are you ready?

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes!

Robb got the idea for this recipe on the same site that gave us the Bacon Explosion recipe, which he also made yesterday for Mike. Here's the pic of that...

Mike was fooled and didn't realize what kind of a cake it was when he blew out the candles. I'm sure he thought we were strange when we made him cut the first slice out of it. The girls or myself usually do that... He did say that after the first slice, the cake gave off a smell that was definitely not cake! And it was a bit tougher to cut through...

He was thrilled! However a little disappointed we hadn't brought a real cake too. To be quite honest, I was too... But Ada had ice cream on hand so we enjoyed that.

Maddy wondered why we were trying to kill him with greasy foods on his birthday. Well - his birthday isn't really until Tuesday!

So the beefcake got stuck into the fridge for their supper later that night.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! what a cute joke.
You will have to make him a real cake for his birthday.

I don't know that I could eat meatloaf and mashed potatoes that looked like cake. And I love them both....

Annie Jones said...

What a fun cake idea!

I've just been waiting for an excuse...um, I mean reason...to make a Bacon Explosion. I think my MIL's birthday party in a couple of weeks is just what I've been looking for.

Trudy said...

You guys are so hilarious. It must be so much fun living in your house. You never know what to expect.

Trudy
www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

Trudy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Macey said...

I think it's funny!

Macey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

What a fun idea! I bet that was a surprise. I hope it was a good day.

A.Marie said...

Yummy!!! I love meatloaf and mashed potatoes...I would love that more than cake! :)

Frances said...

How funny! That cake looks really pretty!

Lorie said...

That is so funny! I love it!

mamahasspoken said...

I think it's perfect for the guy who loves meat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails