Tuesday, August 17, 2010

RandomizING The dAY

Today is kind of hazy... Dark clouds - unsure whether it's going to rain or not...

******************

Work-wise looks like it's going to be challenging day. A total "defend your work decisions to your co-workers" kind of day...

******************

I watched the tail end of Avatar this morning. Yep - I'd never bought into the hype, had my ears gauged, skin dyed blue or denounced my home planet. Still haven't... It might be the size of our tv... If you've never seen this movie, then ignore the spoiler underneath... Just skip down to the pretty picture...

*************
The ending gave me the feeling of how Pinocchio must have felt. I'm a REAL boy! I'm a REAL boy!
*************
*****
**
*

****************************


Corn field and windmills in Iowa. at sunset. Don't know why my camera went all funky. It certainly didn't look like that IRL...

***************************

Taekwondo class tonight. Meri is getting geared up for testing next week. I hope she gets her blue belt successfully! I don't know when I'm going to be ready for testing. I just keep getting older and less sure of my own balance. AND I have to master a butterfly kick. Oh! And figure out the double song jeol bong form (that's double chucks). Maybe if I actually watched the video, I could get it... Maybe over lunch I can do that today.

************************

Meri got a sewing table and my Janome sewing machine in her room now. Yesterday she created a makeup purse with zipper and a flannel blanket. Her grandma is letting her raid her fabric stash! She loves my Janome because she can adjust the speed and go as slow as she wants. Works great for detailing! and for making a straight stitch!

************************

I haven't gotten to sew for some time now. Hopefully this weekend I can get some time in and create something wonderful! At least in my eyes...

************************

Have an awesome Tuesday! It's not much, but it's one day closer to the weekend.

************************

7 comments:

Annie Jones said...

I love my Janome. It's the only brand new machine I've ever had and the only machine I've ever had that actually works well. Now, if I'd just dig it out to use it once in a while.

We finally watched Avatar about 2 weeks ago. It was better than I expected it would be, but I can't help thinking it's simply a remake of Dances with Wolves, only in a different time and place. LOL!

Frances said...

We are hoping to get some rain today. It got overcast yesterday, but barely sprinkled. Though it did cool down the temps.

Meri is quite industrious!

slugmama said...

Something I don't miss about working with others...lol

Meri needs to come here and kick my sewing butt...or rather my NON-sewing butt. Tho I made a goal to get my unfinished sewing projects done this year it's Aug. and I haven't touched any of them!ugh
Perhaps if I tempt her with my fabric stash she'll come motivate me? ;-)

But it is cooler here today so maybe I'll go upstairs and at least open the bin and look at them. lol

Blogs said...

wishing u a happy week...actually i love the way the photo turned out:) gorgeous

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

The photo looks beautiful. Now that you've seen Avatar that must mean I'm the only one who hasn't seen it...

Macey said...

I haven't seen Avatar either...in fact I said it looked stupid and I got the stink eye from everyone.

Carma Sez said...

Hope the co-worker issue worked out favorably

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails