Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dreams - the fabric of our lives

We've got a girl staying with us these days. I mentioned her yesterday and her name is Tiffany. Very sweet girl. We decided that she and I are going to create an Easter dress for her.

I know I know... What am I thinking? It's only 19 days until Easter, 25 days to Prom. The Prom dress isn't finished yet (just need hems, (3 - gasp!) ruffling & some hand sewing) *no sweat?*. I haven't even started on Meri's sample dress for her Easter dress... and I'll probably be wearing the same old, same old for Easter. Oh well.

And now I'm getting anxious to start making some children's clothing and selling them on Etsy.

Yeah... I'm mental...

Anyway, last night I got sick of hemming organza, so I asked Tiffany if she'd like to look through my fabric stash and get some ideas for her dress.

Um... yeah!!!

So I dug them all out. I wanted to see what I had anyway and sort them just a bit. She got so excited on a few pieces and really wants to make a Jedi warrior costume for this fall... But when I reined her in a little, we decided on a green knit piece and a Burda pattern from my magazine. This will be the first Burda thing I try out!
BUT I have to finish up a couple things before I can start on this...

10 comments:

Annie Jones said...

I thought cotton was the fabric of our lives...

Sonya Ann said...

And when you run yourself into the ground.........
You have gone too far this time!

Macey said...

Sheesh!
You're gonna be busy busy busy.

Bruna Cristina said...

Thanks Mc Val!!!!
I love your visit and your comments!
kisses!!!!!

http://munamo.blogspot.com/

slugmama said...

Speaking as a fellow fabricaholic...hehehe....I know that this new dress is just another excuse to dig through your stash and visit with your fabric hoard. ;-)
I predict you will sleep deprived in the not too distant future...lol

A.Marie said...

I agree with sluggy...you just wanted to touch-y feel-y your fabric pile!! LOL

I can't wait to see what you create for that little girl...post pics when you are done!!! :)

Carma Sez said...

please tell me the secret to how you are able to accomplish so much - I can't believe you are taking on another dress!

Michelle said...

I swear it is all I can do to keep everyone clean and halfway fed...not to mention doing the laundry. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

mamahasspoken said...

That's a lot of sewing that needs to get done! Good luck with that.

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Hmmm... when do you breath again?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails