Monday, April 11, 2011

On the catwalk! On the catwalk! I shake my...

Oh hey! You know what? The prom dress is done! And Maddy has already carted it off to a friends to show it off. So whew! I was able to get a good start on Tiffany's Burda dress last night. I was 6 inches too short on the fabric so I did some interesting patchwork on the back... We'll see how it all comes out.

On Saturday night, Meri & a friend and then Ryan and Tiffany joined me at the Iowa State University Style show along with about 20 of my sewing friends. We had prime seats and I got pictures of every single outfit except one unfortunate one that I really wasn't impressed with.

Quite lacking in taste, that one...

Anywho, I saw several great ideas for me to try out on my kids and a few things that I want to attempt for me. Here is my review of last years.

So without further ado... in otherwords, shut up Val! Enjoy a small review of the 2011 ISU style show!
The back drops were made from pre-worn t-shirts and then were going to be given to charities after the show.

10 comments:

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Looks like a really fun time. So interesting to see fashions of budding designers. The back drops made from T-shirts.... great idea!

mamahasspoken said...

Aw no pictures of the finished dress? Oh well prom is when?

Urban Earthworm said...

I do not like the first dress.

I love the wedding dress, though.

Looks like it was a blast!

Frances said...

It looks like a really fun time!

Macey said...

You are such a fashionista!

Sonya Ann said...

That is sooo cool! You are like a famous person sitting in the front of a fashion show.
Can i have your autograph?

Michelle said...

How cool is this?! Glad you got finished with the prom dress! And, now are off to another project...lol.

Blogs said...

so neat.....i always wanted to attend a fashion show! xo

Pennie said...

I've never been to a fashion show...

Oh, I take that back. My mom entered my sister and I in a fashion show when I was 7 and she was 16...she made our velvet dresses. I don't think we won, but my mom is amazing. My daughter wore the same dress 30 years later...my mom saves everything (and has an attic full to prove it!).

Unknown said...

Ummm Val, do you think it is very fair to tease us with the prom dress??? How long do we have to wait? ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails