Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Is It Too Early?

This morning before I got into the shower, I watched just the first little bit of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation with Meri. It was on tv a couple days ago and we tivo anything that looks fun. They'd just picked out their 25 foot Christmas tree and were heading home with it on their car.


Looks great! A lot of sap!

I'm sorry, but it got me in the mood.

The mood for Christmas...

And when I'm in the Christmassy mood, I start getting the house ready for Christmas too. Yep. That's when I deep clean. That way the house will be ready for the tree and all the wonderful festivities that will envelope me for the next few months.

Meri wondered *seriously* how to get me out of the mood. When I'm in this kind of state of mind, it scares her. And makes her worried about what I'll make her clean...

But she didn't really help with her picking "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Clause" for her new piano recital piece. And Burning Ring of Fire, but the Christmas music kind of over shadows that one.

Plus a friend just posted on FB that she started wrapping presents last night! Another friend just got DONE purchasing all of her gifts so she can just sit back and enjoy the season.

So I'm feeling that I need to get my act cleaned up and ready to start sewing as many presents as I possibly can this fall, while I have time. Also, I'll need to help get the Christmas program at church prepared too and ready for the kids to start practicing their lines by Thanksgiving.

I've got lots of ideas on what to start sewing and have been accumulating lots of fabric for such endeavors. I can't wait to show you!

Now some of you can NOT criticize me... I know who you are. I also know that you've been stashing money away all year to prepare. But I'm the grasshopper who doesn't normally prepare like that. This is the way I do it.

Also the reason that as soon as Christmas music starts playing on the radio, that's ALL I'll listen to until January. It's my inspiration and keeps me motivated.

And then when January comes around, all the usual old songs sound dear to me. Like I haven't heard them forever!

It's like Christmas all over again!

5 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Whatever toots your horn as my husband likes to say! ;0)

Macey said...

NEVER EVER EVER too early for that movie!!!

mamahasspoken said...

It's never to early to listen to Christmas music!

Michelle said...

That movie cracks me up! Too early for Christmas stuff for me though.

Frances said...

Don't feel bad. I need to start soon, too. I have a TON of jam to make!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails