Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankful Updates

What's this? A Breaking Bad movie came out last night? I just couldn't get into that show... Too many drugs... and vampires...I made another scarf last night and then remembered that I'd promised my mom some curtains by Thanksgiving. AND my sister a baptism outfit for her little boy.

BTW: Update on Braedon. He came home just over a week ago!!! After 2 months in the hospital, he is now 7 lbs 1.5 ounces! God is so good! Miracles abounded with this guy!
A little tiger!

We're not sure yet if we get to see him at Thanksgiving. Hope so!

Robb and I sat down and planned the menu for Thanksgiving at our house. We're expecting a couple of his siblings and their families. The table will be full... and possibly a kiddie table, but we don't call it that anymore. It's the "all the single ladies + Josh" table. But Josh won't be here, so just the single ladies.

So I've got my little list worked up and we'll go shopping this weekend.

Sewing meeting for Meri and me tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it! Except wow! I've got to get some new name tags made up! I've only put it off for 9 months... hmmm.. Maybe tonight. Maddy has given me instructions on what fabric to check out on the free tables for her and some yarn. She is a knitting fool these days!

Better run. If today is anything like yesterday, then I may not get lunch. We'll see.

Have a wonderful but productive weekend!

Update: My husband just IMed me...
robb: HOW DOES BREAKING BAD HAVE VAMPIRES?
Val: the movie Breaking Dawn came out last night. I'm feigning ignorance.
Val: Too many of my readers are Twilight fans.
robb: but must you malign a decent american show about meth manufacturing by comparing it to that twilight junk?

yes. yes I do... :) No offense to either! I hope you enjoyed the movie!

6 comments:

Jill said...

He is so precious!!! Minus the fangs...lol Didn't get to see the movie yet but I want to!!
Have a great weekend!!

Blessings,
Jill

Sonya Ann said...

The sad thing is I have no idea what you are talking about with the vampires. I'm a newbie.
And I'm so glad that your nephew is doing so good. Prayers are answered!

Macey said...

I need to try that scarf thing with the sweatshirt...that little baby is so cute!

slugmama said...

and another thing I don't get.....this vampire obsession with women.
My vampire obsession ended when I was 12 yr old, when Dark shadows went off the air.
I moved on to more important things....like the tax implications of polygamy in a family.lol

Mark said...

I'm with SonyaAnn, I have no idea what you're talking about regrding that movies/show.
And that precious little baby with his bloody fangs. You're so mean! But funny.
m.

mamahasspoken said...

Ah the dreaded Thanksgiving dinner shopping. I did mine this week-end and now I am exhausted from it all. Thankfully, it's only a two day work week this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails