Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What a Morning So Far...

I mentioned once upon a time that most mornings I use my favorite mug that one of the girls painted for my morning homemade cappuccino.

Several years ago, the girls and I would go to those little paint workshop joints. Sometimes we'd paint a birthday plate for members of our immediate family for that birthday boy or girl to use on their special day. And sometimes if I was feeling cheap, we'd just do mugs.

Anyhow we ended up with 6 and they sit in a special place in our cabinet. They are my go to mugs for just about everything hot drink related. The other odd ball mugs get the top shelf because if everything has to be handy all the time, the counters would be full full full...

So this morning I was making a cappuccino for Meri and one for myself. I put in the instant coffee, the sugar free creamer and opened the cabinet for the sweetener. As I opened the cabinet, I looked away and called Goodbye to Maddy who was on her way out the front door.

Suddenly there was a big crash and clunk! The Tupperware modular mates sugar container JUMPED out of the cabinet and landed on my mugs.
Mine are actually blue.
Not sure why it did that, but it might has been the yeast container and cheese cloth jammed behind it on the shelf...

One mug(the one that I always used) is totally beyond repair and in shards. The other one lost it's handle. Robb wants to sand the handle down and use it for a cup holder at work. And all that sugar free creamer was lost too. What a waste! That stuff doesn't grow on trees you know!

9 comments:

Sophie Miriam said...

My little brother smashed my favorite coffee cup (one from Germany) a few years ago. He came to be absolutely sobbing. It was beyond repair for drink purposes, but I glued it together and use it as a pen jar on my desk. Maybe you could do the same?

McVal said...

Hi Sophie! I will do that for the one that just lost a handle, but the bad one got powdered for a lot of it... Those two big pieces were the only ones that half way look like the mug. bummer. THanks for visiting!

slugmama said...

No, powdered non-dairy creamer chemicals don't grow on trees, nor should they......lol

My condolences on your loss. 8-(

Please come here and smash some of my mugs. I keep sending them off to Sallie's but they keep having mug sex in the dark recesses of my cabinets.

Macey said...

That's freakin' horrible! :(

Annie Jones said...

I don't have any handmade mugs, but all of mine are mis-matched and favorites for some reason or another, so I feel your pain.

BTW, I ♥♥♥♥♥ modular mates. Most of mine were purchased when they first came out...umm...20-some years ago? Mine are mostly dark blue, but I have a few with pink, brown and light blue lids that I've picked up along the way. I wouldn't want to be without them.

Sonya Ann said...

I hate when things like that happen. Breaks your heart almost as if you lost your woobie.

Sheila said...

I hate those kind of mornings...sorry but hey, I finally got my Kerrygold coupon for FREE butter up to $7, did you get yours?

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

My condolences for your loss.

Maybe you should all go make new mugs. Make it a family day.

Carma Sez said...

crushed to hear this. For years VC and I would go to the pottery place every year to do a handprint plate. We had 12 assembled in a pattern on the wall and I love them. One day we heard a big crash and it was one of the plates that had loosened when I was dusting it :-( We were both in tears...I feel your pain.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails