Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Glazed Over Hams

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Here is my recap of the weekend, in full detail, so grab you coffee and pull on your reading glasses. Let's begin...

Friday. I had to work until 5. Had an interesting conversation with my boss that included "Jesus Christ, Superstar", the weather and pigs.

After 5pm, all of Robb's side of the family started to arrive. We had a soup supper and opened gifts. Each family received a game of Quelf from Grandma. We're all big game people so when the wrapping paper all hit the floor, a bunch of them dug into the game. That's when we noticed some of the games were marked "family" and some were marked "adult". My MIL was horrified thinking that the adult game would require nudity. We assured her that it was just more geared towards grown ups and was just harder than the family version.

But now, about 8 games into the family edition, I'm thinking the adult version probably does lean more towards nudity... My personal family did NOT get the adult version. WHEW! One of the cards already told me to do a belly dance and show my belly skin... I can only imagine what the adult version has in it... Thank you Carma for your belly dancing tips!!! In another game I had to wear one of the Taekwondo helmets and sit under the table for a while. What a weird but fun game!

Come Saturday morning, there was only one family who stayed over. The girls and I went shopping and I finished up all the personal family gifts that we'd be unwrapping on Sunday. Went home and a sister-in-law and her family came back for the afternoon. She helped wrap and mostly gabbed with Maddy and I as we wrapped. That night was my churches Christmas Eve service. Kind of quiet, since most families were out of town. Went back on Christmas morning to church and there was a more substantial crowd. Meri and Maddy got presents from Grandpa Dale! (A guy at church who was once mistaken as Robb's father and the kids jokingly gave him their Christmas lists... Meri got a pony (toy) and Maddy got a coffee single)
After church we headed home to get the big Christmas dinner prepared. Turkey, ham, jellied cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, broccoli/onion casserole, stuffing with cranberries and hardly anyone ate dessert. Which is probably a blessing because my last minute no bake pies came out awful.

After Robb's brother and his family left for their next leg of the Christmas tour, our personal family had our Christmas. I asked Robb to read the Christmas story from the Bible before we began. He turned around and found Luke 2 on Biblegateway.com and apparently it has a read-to-me function now. In the voice of Nigel from my GPS, we were read the Christmas story. Ah technology... It really needs a tweaking. I had to stop him when it got into the circumcision part... and then had to explain "kind of" what that was to my 11 year old...We started from the youngest to the oldest and everyone opened their presents one at a time with everyone watching.Then we kind of vegged the rest of the day and evening. Some of us played new games that we got. From Kshotz, we got a game called Tell Tale. SO fun! It's a stack of cards with various pictures on them. As you lay down the card, you have to tell part of story, then it's the next players turn. They lay down one of their cards (without knowing what they're going to lay down) and have to continue on with your story. It goes back and forth and pretty soon you're in a desert and a girl in a bikini and surf board show up! VERY unpredictable on where these stories end up! Thank you K! Meri is getting very good at improv. Later on the girls and I watched part of Love Actually.

Monday we all kind of did our own thing. I finally had a chance to examine my gifts. I got a necklace and earring set from Meri, a pair of mocs from Mad, to name a couple. I also received a Bluetooth for my cell phone and that in itself will save me lots of money on Chiropractic visits! I also got a large print Bible, a hoody sweater, cookbook and a red union suit to name a few more gifts. I've never had long johns before! Can't wait until it's cold enough to use them!

That afternoon we all went to a matinee and then a couple stores for the kids to use a couple of their various gift cards. Ryan and Tiffany saw The Darkest Hour and the rest of us saw We Bought A Zoo. That was a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

And today I'm back in my office, looking miserably around. It looks like a few elves had a knock down, drag out fight in here. I need a garbage bag. and I look forward to my next three day weekend coming up...

How was your Christmas?

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a good Christmas! Mine was good.

Southern Gal said...

Isn't it amazing that there are adult versions of games now? What happened to Twister? We played Minute to Win It and had a ball. Looks like a great time. Happy New Year to you and yours. Waiting on the video of the bagpipe playing.

Sheila said...

You had a great Christmas! We did too ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas with us and I can't wait for the picture of you in your long-johns!
We had a lovely Christmas too. Here's to a fantastic new year!

mamahasspoken said...

In one word: CRAP!
Glad you had a wonderful day.

Michelle said...

We had a great Christmas, but yours sounds so lively in the best way! I might have to pay a visit next year! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails