Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thursday Rambles - Just so you know...

Just so you know... My husband didn't write that application that I posted about yesterday. He found it on the internet several years ago and we think parts of it are hysterical and really wish we could insist potential boyfriends of our daughters WOULD fill it out! We do insist that prospective boyfriends meet with Robb and he gives them this application. We have a sense of humor and if they do too, then great! However we do stress that we love our daughter very much and expect him to treat her with respect at all times. It's also a great ice breaker as well as puts them on guard.

Oh and just so you know... Yesterdays appointment was postponed.

Got a recipe for you! And it's delish! I don't know what you call it. Cream of heaven maybe?
1 cup honey, 1 cup cream, 1 cup sugar. bring to boil and boil for 1 minute. (FYI: put it in a LARGE pan. A sauce pan will just boil over.... I speak from experience.) Pour over 3 sticks of butter, in the blender and blend. Pour into jars, refrigerate. Serve on toast, bread, or just warm it up and get a straw! Yes, it is THAT yummy!

I pulled this off of Pinterest.com and just reading the recipe made my mouth water. So I tried it out on Sunday night. Oh. my. goodness... It is truly delicious and if I could get past the fact that a bulk of it is actually butter, then I would seriously stick a straw it in and slurp it up...

But as it stands, I've stuck it in the fridge and use it on toast or plain bread or grab a spoonful when I need a sweet pick-me-up. Oh. my. yum. It's more like a honey butter and tastes (to me) like liquid Werther candies. This recipe made two medium sized jars. One to keep and one to give away... if you can...

I'm looking forward to being productive today! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Oh.my. You have got to be kidding me?! That would be some dangerous stuff for me to have around. My hips can't take anymore sweets!

Hey, we have friends who actually practice courting with their children and have the guys write an essay. Yes they do.

Sheila said...

Wow, it sounds yummy! TY

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

sooo Yum!
I may even add coconut milk!

Frances said...

My dad used to interview guys I went out with. If they couldn't deal with it, they could not deal with my family. Most of them did okay. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails