Monday, January 14, 2013

Fog Dispelled By Wedding Bells

On Friday, my parents, myself, Leon and Meri headed out to Wisconsin amidst some crazy fog that lasted 95% of the trip.  My niece/Godchild was married this weekend and we wouldn't miss it for anything!  Not even a few hundred miles where you can't see 50 feet in front of the car...  And the GPS goes nuts...

On Friday night, we hung out at my sister's with another sister and lots of kids.  The bride comes from a family of 14 kids, so the ones that didn't go to the rehearsal dinner still numbered about 8 and then my kids and my other sisters kids.  Pizza was ordered and snarfed by many.

On Saturday morning, we did a little shopping and then attended the first basketball game of my little nephew Gabriel.  As his dad told me, he is also known as Basketball Jones.  He is seriously GOOD for such a little kid!  They have a hoop at home and are never lacking for someone to go one on one with.

 

Saturday afternoon, Robb and the rest of the McVal Clan showed up in time to change at our hotel for the wedding.  Leon got on his new dapper shirt, tie and dark blue pants.  He looked sharp!
 

Then the wedding itself.  This is my niece Lily as the flower girl.  She took it very seriously and took a seriously long time to get down that aisle.  But all was adorable!
 

Then my niece Abby and her dad came down the aisle.  They had my nephew playing the violin to the same song we had played at our wedding!  It was beautiful...
 

When they reached the front of the church, Abby's dad left her, took a few steps up, turned around and married his eldest daughter to the love of her life!  Well, besides her dad!  Oh yeah, did I mention her dad is a minister?
 

Awe!  

 Introducing Abby and Nick!   Sorry for the blur.  It was a big church and the zoom sometimes does that...


Any way, tune in tomorrow for the reception!  Oh for fashion sake, her dress is a Vera Wang and was so beautiful!  In my mind, I was trying to figure out how to make one just like it...  More pics of the dress tomorrow!

4 comments:

mamahasspoken said...

Ah a week-end with a wedding is so fun! Glad you were able to make it there fog and all.

Sonya Ann said...

WOW, I had no idea you family was that huge. How do you keep everyone straight? I forget my kids names and there is only two of them.;p

Macey said...

Omagosh, she's beautiful!!

momto8 said...

good for you! you are blessed with such an extended family..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails