Thursday, April 24, 2014

Vogue shopping

I bought a pattern last night....  Designer Vogue!!!  It's the one Meri wants for her confirmation dress.  So I'll be making a (maybe wearable) muslin by this weekend.  


I never thought I'd get to sit at a sewing machine again...

I took Leon with me shopping last night.  He had to sit in the cart at one store and then I let him "walk" at JoAnns.  He is a real boy and hops in rain puddles.  He also agonized over every single bolt of fleece, deciding on which one he wanted for a simple blanket.  He pulled almost every bolt off and pretended it was a pillow on the ground.  He finally ended up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fabric, then at the cut out table saw Spiderman.  Got a yard of that instead.  It'll get hemmed up this weekend, but for now he's happy!  I never knew a yard of fabric could make someone so happy.  He must take after me.

JoAnn's had some fabric similar to that Tator stuff so we can make microwave bowl holders.  I got an email yesterday from the Allfreesewing.com website that had instructions on how to make them.  We could SO use these in our house as we use the microwave a lot reheating things.  It's scary how often I burn myself or watch someone yell OW OW OW as they run with a hot dish to the counter.  I'm going to try making one myself and then make Meri make a set for a 4H fair project.  Although at this point she's agreeable to it as she sees the need...  and as she holds ice to her fingertips...  And they'll be entirely washable if things boil over!

Pattern instructions HERE.

Back to last night, Leon and I stopped for fries & chicken nuggets and then a couple other places.  After the first store, he REFUSED to sit in the spot for kids in the carts and insisted on sitting in the basket area.  Yep - I'm that BAD grandparent who says, "Ok, but just keep on your butt!"  and then he doesn't.  You know the little pictures for illiterates on how to keep your child safe in the shopping cart?  Yeah - I ignore them.  I'm basically saying, "Not only am I illiterate but I also am blind.  Now sell me stuff!"  Sam's Club now has a photo of me next to their door...

Remembering the days when I could hit 4 stores in less than an hour.  Last night took me three hours.  Got home in time to read a few books to him before his daddy came home from work and put him to bed.

You know?...  I wouldn't trade last night for a rush night for anything.

4 comments:

Willow said...

Aww it makes me smile to hear all this , well because some of it is funny of course, and it is also just so darn sweet ! Sounds like a good day to me.

Southern Gal said...

Ah. I know that feeling. I kept the girls for two nights this week while their parents went out of town. I loved every hectic minute of it! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

The Old Parsonage said...

Loved your last comment! I wish I had days back from when the boys were small:(

Have a great weekend!
Leann

Sonya Ann said...

My MIL assures me that kids and grandkids differ greatly. I hope so cuz there are times when I'm not a fan of my kids. Shhhhhh, don't tell them I said that. Oh wait, I'll tell them myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails