Monday, July 21, 2014

A Saturday to remember and diet because of...

Where to begin??!!!

Sluggy arrived Friday night, just as the pizzas were about to go into the oven.  I'm glad she didn't arrive at the time she had anticipated, because I had to work a little later 
AND no one had swept the laundry room yet...  

Sonya, I gave her your hug as soon as she arrived!  

She was greeted at her car by our pup, Reedus.  Apparently he had discovered how to move the dog house and get out of the back yard without us knowing.  A neighbor brought him to her, thinking he was hers.  I toyed with the idea of sneaking him into her car by Sunday...  

So anyway, after lots of eating and talking, I could tell she was exhausted, so we called it a night.

The next morning, we got her up at the crack of 8am so we could get everyone off to the parade on time.  She was up in time to see Robb in his kilt before he left with Maddy.  He had to be there an hour earlier than we did.  We dropped off Ryan at work, and enroute, Leon impressed her with his ability to tell us what kind of crops were growing in each field.  For example, CORN, BEANS, WEEDS.  And I put them in caps because he's loud.

It was about a 45 minute drive there.  We found a spot in the shade and waited for the parade to begin.  Maddy and Meri took Leon to explore the park behind us and brought back kettle korn, which I began to inhale.  Sluggy went to explore then and found where they had a ring toss for 2 liter bottles of pop.  She gambled and had each of them try to win some for lunch.  Leon was the only winner and didn't even share his orange pop with anyone!  That was a $4 bottle of pop...  Frugal, my foot!


When Robb's bagpipe band finally showed up at our block, Leon had gotten lots of candy and frozen treats that the parade people were giving away. 


As I went to take a photo of the band, I got a phone call from my niece that they had seen Robb earlier in the parade and she was on her way down to the park to see us!  YAY!  She lives a few hours away and was visiting some friends in town, not thinking she'd see us.  What a surprise!

Leon found geese with coats on...

After the parade, Maddy drove Robb home because he doesn't like to drive in his kilt, then she met us at the county fair.  

 

We showed Sluggy all over the fair ground, saw a wood working club do their thing, saw lots of animals, saw Leon running away from us mostly, had lunch.  


Thanks Sluggy for buying me lunch!  We had lamb burgers, because that very well COULD have been on her list if she'd thought of it.  

We also ate deep fried Snickers and deep fried Milky Way bars as well as a sno-cone.
Roll us home please!!!

 

We left Leon with the girls and Sluggy and I went grocery shopping.  Since the week had been so crazy busy with work, I hadn't had time to go pick up anything that we needed for dinner that night. While at Sam's club, I got a call from Robb.  He and his brother had broken down in his mom's car.  So Sluggy and I stopped at one other store after that and then went to rescue them.  At the remaining two stores we needed to stop at, we made the men run in. HA!  Getting rescued has it's price...

That evening, we had a super secret steak night, in which I almost smoked out everyone from the house, because I overcooked the steaks a little on our stove top grill...  The smoke cleared just enough before dinner.


Also before dinner, Ryan had just bought a new game called Munchkins.  It's apparently a dumbed down version of Dungeons and Dragons, but also apparently not dumbed down enough.  I just couldn't get it...  And was glad when I needed to go shuck corn!  Sluggy stuck it out tho and played through the entire game.  The kids all eventually got into it and it's their favorite game now.  By the way, Sluggy never did understand it, but WHAT a trooper!!!  I secretly think she just doesn't like to shuck corn... and this was her way out.

Lots of conversation and laughter at supper.  And Leon narc'ed on us by singing "Happy To You!" as soon as we sat down at the dining room table.  I guess birthdays are usually the only time we sit at the big table and use the china...

We played Scrabble into the evening and Sluggy won.  I am NOT going to complain that one of her winning words was GAMMA, because it might not be in the dictionary, but it is definitely a word used around here!
Anyway, I need to get to work.  Have a super Monday, even though it's a Monday!

5 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, and yes, I would be considering a diet after all the good food you had!

Southern Gal said...

Not that you need to diet. I'm speaking for myself here. ;)

Frances said...

Sounds like a super busy and super fun weekend. I don't think you need to worry about dieting. All the running around burned off all the calories.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a fun time to me!

Sonya Ann said...

What an awesome visit and thanks for hugging sluggy for me.
I can't believe how much you managed to cram into a weekend. Oh wait, I say that all the time. I would like to see a weekend where you sit with your feet up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails