Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Beware weirdos bearing gifts...

When Sluggy arrived on Friday, she brought us some of our FAVORITE rootbeer from her drive through Minnesota!  Wouldn't you just know it?  She visited a liquor store and found it!

It's empty now... thanks to Leon figuring out how to get his own pop from it and forgetting to keep the cup there until he turns off the spigot.  The floor is still a LITTLE sticky there...

But it was pure deliciousness!!  Thank you Sluggy!  
I'm thinking of cutting off the top and making a little trash can out of it...
Unfortunately I don't have a strong enough can opener at the present...


She also brought us some gifts from her garage couponing stash!  Shampoos, deodorants, oatmeal packs of various flavors and which Maddy sampled for breakfast today.  I think she'll be taking all of them with her to college in a few weeks...  Sluggy also brought Meri a zombie shirt that she found while thrifting in Illinois and me some pop that she didn't think I'd find in the midwest, Cheerwine soda!  
Never heard of it, but am anxious to try it out this afternoon.

She was a great guest as well as a nut and we'd be honored to have her come back and visit us again sometime.  Or we'll crash their place at their mythological town that doesn't exist for a vacation next year!

After church we took Sluggy out to eat at a Chinese food buffet.  

hmmmm... What unusual item can we bring someone as a hospitality gift?

I'm thinking a local brewed beverage or nuts.

1 comment:

Sonya Ann said...

That would be an awesome garbage can! I like your thinking.
I hope that we get another sluggy visit soon, it was a blast. And I do hope that it works out that we get to meet. Think of all the trouble we could get in!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails