Monday, August 4, 2014

The story of my life

Robb's bagpipe band played in a parade about 45 minutes from home.  We took the girls and Leon, my twin nieces, a sister in law and her daughter that has been staying with us this week and a big bag with anticipation of lots of candy.  We were NOT disappointed!  


Leon is finally catching on to what you do at parades, which he calls Police Raids... Thanks Maddy and Meri for encouraging that.  I think Sluggy started it the weekend before...  
What weird people I let myself be associated with!

 


That very same day, we took the girls and our little Hooligan 2-3 hours in the opposite direction to an Irish Fest in Waterloo.  Robb's band was playing twice that evening and the girls and I took the opportunity to check out Celtic vendors, look for a Hooligan shirt the next size up for Leon and eat as much Irish food and/or goodies as we could.  Pepperoni pizza is Irish, right?  Leon thinks so.

Speaking of my little leprecaun...
 

Those are Leon's feet, beating a swift retreat after the huge Irish Wolfhound licked him and I'm sure the dog is thinking Leon is just the right size for a quick treat.  Or at least, that's what Leon was thinking the dog was thinking...


My little folks.  Waiting for the pipe band to show.


Then they DID show!

And we watched...  and took selfies.  Three.


Spent an hour or so watching Leon run around with his new found sword, thanks to Meri's generousity.  You can get the same sword for a fifth of the price elsewhere, but it's his official Irish sword.


I don't know exactly HOW much candy he ate on the way here but he was zingin'...  I've got videos of him running all over the grounds with that sword.  We could barely keep up!  My media movie maker is acting up today or I'd show you.  I'll get it figured out by tomorrow I hope.

Then Robb's band "opened" for the Screaming Orphan's band and we sat and waited for a little while before the pipes put in their appearance again.


Wet willies abounded.  Leon excels at them!

 

Here's the band!


We didn't stay for the Screaming Orphans, but will look them up on Youtube later.  Meri was disappointed we didn't stay, but it had been a LOOONG day and we had a long drive ahead of us to get home.


It's one of the weekends where you're glad to have an office job to sit down at on Monday, and it's one of those jobs where you live to spend the weekends running around with your kids.  

It's my life....  and I wouldn't trade the weekends for anything!

4 comments:

slugmama said...

Oh nice....call me and your family weird...lolz

I still have a piece of candy from the parade in Polk City. ;-)

Leon with a sword....now that's a scary idea!

Jane said...

I wonder when parades turned into candy throwing frenzies? We went to the Potato Festival parade a couple of weeks ago (yes, we celebrate potatoes!!) and all the kids came with plastic grocery bags to gather up all the candy that was thrown. And there was a lot to gather!

Sonya Ann said...

Your family is perfect!
Hahaha police raids!!!

Frances said...

I love your family! Now I want to go to a police raid!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails