Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Grapes of Kansas City

As Maddy heads back to school this morning, I'm thinking back over the weekend.  

 

Robb and I took Leon to see his mommy on Saturday afternoon and actually went on a kind of date!  I KNOW!  That's rare for us!  Usually any time we're in the car alone, we consider it a date anymore...  But this involved renting a movie too and some barbeque.


The girls had a blast with their aunt and girl cousins.  They visited a vineyard and picked grapes.  


Got manicures, eyebrows waxed, home done pedicures.  Even made jam!  I think.. I haven't heard EVERYTHING yet, but each girl had a jar of jam to bring home.  I'm sure I'll hear more later.


My sister-in-law sent me this photo of the weekend.  I dutifully and proudly posted it on Facebook before she called Robb to ask if we noticed that Amanda was in the photo twice and that WASN'T her sister on the far right. . . .   Seriously?   Well, Sarah is tagged and I'm not going to untag her.

Apparently her twin sister had to leave early so she stepped in.  Stupid camera features...

I know I have trouble telling those two apart, but mock me now, will you???  Tricksters!

 Cathy wore them OUT!

The girls got home in time for a super secret steak night and we had a nice relaxing evening talking for a while before all the night time routines got rolling along.  Meri needed to make brownies for school and Maddy needed to get all her things together that she forgot from the previous weekend's moving back to school.

Leon is home today because his daddy has the day off.  So he was in watching Dora the Explorer in his diaper while eating breakfast.  He's going to have a great day!

I did some sewing over the weekend and will show you as the week goes by.  For now, you can use this photo as proof.  It's a Burda pattern.  


What did you do?

6 comments:

Willow said...

How adorable the sleeping pics .
My weekend I attend a family cookout and wilted like and ole flower ~ soul sucking high HUMIDITY snuck back into town over the weekend ~ sheesh can you tell I don't do well in humid weather lol

slugmama said...

Kids.....they are so adorable when they are sleeping, even as teens. After all, when asleep they can't sigh and roll their eyes at us. lol

Michelle said...

It was softball and football for most of the weekend. And, lots of rain! Boo!

Sonya Ann said...

I love the picture with them out cold. That one is a keeper!

Jill said...

Awww looks like they had an awesome weekend, great pictures and lots of big smiles!! Good to see you are doing well and good job on a date night! Not sure I know what that is anymore, LOL.

Blessings,
Jill

Jill said...

Awww looks like they had an awesome weekend, great pictures and lots of big smiles!! Good to see you are doing well and good job on a date night! Not sure I know what that is anymore, LOL.

Blessings,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails