Friday, October 17, 2014

Falling for pies

Am I ready for fall?  No.. 
But it looks like God is, so I guess I'm going with it...

 

I need to mow ONCE more before the grass all goes dormant because I haven't mowed for like a month and this is a quick and easy way to pick up these leaves if I put the bagger on!!!  
Not sure when I'll get a chance to tho.  Maybe Sunday afternoon.  

I need to spend tonight on housework and sewing.  I've gotten the zipper and half the hem put into the yodeler's dress and the apron just needs a hem which depends on the dresses hem.  Then hopefully by Monday I can start on the blouse.  Meri is getting anxious!!!  The play is in 3 weeks.
 
Maddy is spending her fall break in Wisconsin with friends, a booth that she promised to man and thanks to my meddling, visiting my sister and her family!  Hi Ruth Ann!!!  She'll be there in time for Gabriel's party!
She doesn't get to see her cousins much outside of Thanksgiving or their weddings, so this will be a treat.

Trick or Treat, if you will...

Yesterday, Leon stayed home with his daddy and a couple of Ryan's friends came over and cleaned up a couple pumpkins.  The one on the far left is mine/Maddy/Meri's and shall not be carved for at least another week, unless I get the yen to make pumpkin pies.  


Guess which one Leon did?!  

This weekend I am attending my ASG meeting, which is our annual special event which will last much of the day.  THEN Robb and the kids will pick me up and we'll head to Living History Farms in Des Moines and let Leon trick or treat with a BUNCH of other kids.  It'll be a blast!  Especially when we get my kettle corn, get a hay rack ride and listen to the professional story teller!  OOooOOooOOHHHHH!!!!  That's supposed to sound like a ghost.  I don't know how to spell it...

Have a fun weekend!

4 comments:

Willow said...

Now your talking Autumn ~ pumpkin pie YUM

Michelle said...

Leon does some fine work!!

Jane said...

Wow, I got to yodeler dress and wondered where I was for a moment. I'm hoping for a yodeler video eventually!

Frances said...

We used to love pumpkin carving! Hubby and I don't do it since the kids moved out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails