Monday, October 20, 2014

A Spooky Good Time!

 On Saturday, I attended our ASG sewing group special event.  


We hosted Gail Yellen from Gail Patrice Designs to give us a presentation on her sewing techniques with combining fabrics for unique styles.  She also showed us a few ways to do bound buttonholes and if you know me at all, you know I HATE buttonholes...  

 
I'd rather just stab a hole in fabric for the button or put in a zipper, OR do it in knit so it can be a pullover....  But this looks pretty cool and I might try it on an outfit soon.  I'll give you a tutorial on it one day this week... If I think of it and am in the mood.

Anyway, about mid afternoon, Robb dropped Meri off to ride with me before he went to pick up Leon.  We all met up for an early supper because our evening event, we discovered, didn't start until 5:30.  WHAT a drag!!  Oh well.  There is ALWAYS time for Famous Daves BBQ!!!


 
That's where we discovered Leon hadn't had a nap all day, but he was in rare form and it didn't look like he was tired.  He was just excited to be with me!!  I think...  It might have been something else...

This is his SCARY look.

Meri joked around with the waiter and tried Devil's Spit bbq sauce.  YEOWZA!  I won't eat that stuff.  It's way to hot for me!  I'll stick with what suits me best.  Sweet & Sassy!!! 

Several dollars later, we finally got Leon into his costume and into Living History Farms.  This was the first night it was open this season and we should have known better.  It was packed.  It took more than 30 minutes to get from the entry building to the first corner in the antique downtown area where the trick or treating was actually going down.  


 
Leon was wired the WHOLE time.  We reminisced about past trips here while we waited in line.  Meri and I ducked out of the line a couple times and visited the antient cemetary for a new Facebook profile pic for her for the rest of this month.  

 

Leon kicked gravel at people but said "Trick or Treat" and "Thank you" when we told him to properly.  


 
The line to get onto a hay rack ride was unbelievably long.  After waiting for at least 40 minutes and a bag of kettle korn, we gave up and decided to get into the story teller building before the evening was over.  

 
 LOVE Meri's look here.  Kind of creepy tho.

The kids went ahead of us and took Leon ghost bowling.  That's about the time when they also discovered the building was so packed that they couldn't get into it to hear the story tellers...  So we left.  


 
Next year we definitely will NOT come on the first night, but we still had a good time.  


 
We missed you Maddy!  but even so, ANY time with ANY family is a good time.

4 comments:

Trudy said...

I'm with you on the bound buttonholes. Looks like a good time was had by all, but I HATE long lines. I think not going the first night next year is a good plan.

Sonya Ann said...

It was all Greek until you got to the family time. You always have such family adventures.

Michelle said...

It does look like a good time!

Frances said...

I don't do lines either. But it still looks like you all had fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails