Monday, November 24, 2014

Eternal Optimist

You know that sewing hobby of mine?  Yeah - I didn't do any this weekend.  Got things to finish and other things just keep coming up!


 Saturday morning, it rained...  All the pumpkins that didn't get in the rain frosted so prettily!!

So... Thursday we started writing down all the tv shows that we watch and when for the Neilsen ratings.  Yes...  If there is a show that you love and you want it to not get cancelled, WE'RE the ones you want to talk to!  Can't guarantee anything... :\


 
With the Neilsen rating, it makes you decide between watching something you recorded or Netflix..  Will I remember to write this down??

Robb, Leon and Ryan were all out of town for the weekend, so it was just Meri, myself and my mil.  On Friday night, Meri and I went out to eat and then grocery shopping.  And I mean a LOT...  It was very much of a bummer after a splurge like that to come home to an empty house with no men folk to carry it all in! 

But I now have 5 turkeys and 3 hams.  Oh but getting back to the shopping... We were exhausted after putting everything away.  Meri had finally talked me into watching Pitch Perfect, but we couldn't find our copy around the house anywhere.  We checked all the Redboxes online in the area and nothing.  darn.  So Meri settled with my suggestion of Stand By Me.  She loved it!  And saw where Robb and I got a few of our quotes.

Saturday, I dug out the tutorial on making the Norwegian Christmas star and the three of us started doing crafts at the dining room table.  It was a mess, but we came away with some lovely stars!  I had a bunch of poster board, so instead of rolling and making our own cardstock out of old books (who has patience for THAT?) (NOT me!!!) I cut 12 strips of the poster boards for each of us and we got to weaving and gluing.  The first ones were a little funky, but the next set that Meri and I did that afternoon turned out great! 


 
I never did get to the star with all the loopy petals!  Oh well, adding one new craft per Christmas season is probably enough for me.  These were fairly easy to put together once we figured it out! 


 
My nieces weren't able to join us after all, due to a job interview out of town and a quick visit home for them, so Maddy shouldn't feel too jealous anymore.  Just know dear, that we know how to make these now and we can do more of them with you on Thursday! or Wednesday, or whenever  you want when you're home!  TOMORROW!!!!  Bring the stuff out to my office Wednesday and I'll walk you through it while I work!

Back to Saturday, there was a book sale at our local library and I picked up several Christmas cook books and craft books.  I love things like that to get me in the right frame of mind for cooking for a billion people!  And for new ideas for things to cook or make with my kids.

While at the library, we discovered that they had a copy of Pitch Perfect so we checked it out.  FREE!  Meri and I watched it that afternoon.  Then made another star each before supper.  After supper, I let her watch a parent edited version of Silence of the Lambs.  That's when you cover their eyes so they won't have to "unsee" anything and tell them sternly not to repeat those bad words.  Meri discovered one more movie from which we quote from...  "Hello Clarice!!"  and "It puts the lotion in the basket."  Oh!  and NOT to help anyone put a couch in a van.

Sunday after church, Meri and I went and picked up Leon from his mommies, then took him to go visit his other grandma.  She combed through some toy mags that Leon was loving, looking for Christmas gift ideas for him while he decorated her Christmas tree.  I just left them with her.  I have no idea what mailing list we got on, but we get a ton of magazines like this weekly during the holiday season.


 
I fixed my vacuum last night and found out how many pounds of dog hair were clogging the hose.  Do NOT vacuum up little foil bits as things have a habit of getting caught because of it...

I am SO ready to have a couple days off from work that aren't just a weekend!!!  Not ready at all for the loads of company coming, but it'll all work out, it'll be great fun and everything will be done.  It always does.

Optimism is key!

4 comments:

slugmama said...

Optimism is not key.....exhaustion is....lol

Southern Gal said...

I wanna make those snowflakes! So pretty.

Sonya Ann said...

I missed having DJ here when I was unloading all of the Thanksgiving stuff. I actually had to go out twice to get everything. Yes, two shopping trips and I had to unload it all myself. YUCK

Frances said...

I bought a wheeled cart to bring my groceries in. It is one of my favorite things!

Those stars are beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails