Thursday, November 20, 2014

S'no Problem!!

So we had some snow...  I did NOT want to pull out the snow blower because the lawn mowers haven't even been put away yet.  

I'm an optimist...

This was last March.
 
So I pulled out the shovel and pushed snow back and forth across the driveway and let Leon play in the snow.  He periodically ran into the house and brought back out another toy to play with so I'm sure we'll hit some interesting items in the grass when I get to mow next...

His new mittens were in the car that was gone and his older mittens from last year were down at his moms.  SO... I found a pair of socks for him to use as mittens.  He doesn't use the thumbs anyway.

Don't judge me!  The socks matched...

I was almost done pushing all the snow away and complying with the "clear the walks within 24 hours from end of snow" rule when Leon wandered over to me and casually mentioned that his butt hurt.

Oh!  Is it cold?

No, diaper rash! was his reply.

Hmm.. My bet is that it's frozen.  We hadn't dug out his snow pants yet either...  

So I finished up quick and we went inside to warm up.  I gathered up as many toys as I kept track of and grabbed the mail that a neighbor had just brought over because it got put in his box by mistake and we went inside.  

Stripped the cold wet things off of him and we cuddled under a blanket in front of the fireplace.  

He doesn't like the fireplace, so the sweet moment lasted all of 2 minutes.  Then he streaked for the rest of the afternoon.  It works best for potty training for him.

Don't judge me! The furnace was on...

5 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Socks for mittens is something we do all the time in the South. We also put bread bags on over our socks before putting on our non-snow proof boots/shoes so our feet will stay dry. Don't judge. ;)

Jane said...

I'm calling child welfare!! Just kidding...The early snow caught us unawares and unprepared as well. Nobody has their snow tires on yet or their winter coats, let alone boots...where the hell are my boots??

Michelle said...

lol! Sounds like Leon has it made :)

Willow said...

Oh ya my mom made us wear the socks on the hands fashion statements growing up , I still do it when I can't find my gloves .Yes yes the chickens all laugh but whatever.

Frances said...

LOL! I am all about living naked. Well, except in the snow.

No judging here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails