Monday, February 2, 2015

A Day In The Mad Dash Life...

Maddy and her roommate, Leah, arrived the night before. But bright and early Saturday morning, at the crack of 10, they left with Meri and went shopping for the Cinderella shoes that Meri so desparately needed to complete her ensemble for the dance that night.  She also needed jewelry and coffee... badly...

I had been out running errands and picking up the Super Secret Steak needed for the evening.  I met them across a county highway to hand deliver my debit card for them to further complete shopping.

They got back around noonish and while Meri showered, I made Maddy make burgers for lunch.  She REFUSED to form patties even though we had the buns for it and everyone had loose meat sandwiches instead.  I so could have named this post "Buns of Meal"...


 This is the look I get when I attempt to make puns.

After the shower is when the BIG fun started.  Maddy rolled Meri's hair up in curlers and Leah did her nails and toe nails in a glittery silver sparkle.  

 
Once the hair was dry, Mabs pulled them all out and did an intricuit braid around Meri's head.  SO pretty!  


Meri was really nervous, hoping she'd end up gorgeous!  Which she already was, but you know 15 year olds...  Nerves rule.


This is where I was with the dress at 2:30...  Frantically finishing the blasted thing!!!  She WILL be wearing SOMETHING tonight!!!


 Then Leah did the make up and Meri looked like an even prettier version of Elizabeth Taylor! or Audrey Hepburn! or "insert someone you think is one of the beautiful women of the world"'s name.  
Whatever...  Meri was prettier.

Long about 4:30pm, Meri finally had a chance to relax on the big butt chair and snapchat with some friends about the evening plans.  We weren't heading over to take group pictures until 5:15. When she suddenly said, "No way!!  He's GOT to be joking!!"

Due to the nasty blizzard front moving across Iowa, the Sweetheart dance was postponed until NEXT week!  Oh. my. goodness...  Meri hid herself in the bathroom to hide the fact that her makeup was sliding off her face in the deluge of tears.  I went in to try and calm her down and succeeded a little bit.

But after a few minutes, Maddy and Leah came in, the bathroom can be quite large if you squeeze in a little...  They were dressed to the hilt in Maddy's 2 year old Sweetheart dress and Meri's 4 year old brides maids dress, worn by Leah.  They told Meri to get dressed, as we were going out for ice cream!  She hesitated for all of 30 seconds, then said WHY NOT?!  


 I made these dresses!

I insisted on being the designated driver, because it was snowing and I didn't want the girls to end up in a ditch in dresses and heels.  Plus I wanted in on the fun!  


What awesome photo ops I had!!


SO...  the dance is NEXT weekend.  Maddy can't come back and Meri is worried that I can't make her as beautiful as they made her Saturday.  But I've got a few tricks up my sleeve.


And a phone number.

4 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Pretty girls! The dress looks great.

Melissa said...

So Beautiful!!!!!!

Sonya Ann said...

WOW what a wonderful way to fix a HUGE disappointment. Your girls are wonderful. You did a great job!

Jane said...

What a great older sister!! (You don't have to make a new dress, do you?)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails