Friday, January 30, 2015

Sewing UFFDA style

Oh!  The care package I sent off to Maddy this week was a red t-shirt that said UFFDA.  A little nudge to her Norwegian heritage, hoping to blend with her German heritage up at a very German college and town.

A few days later, I noticed that she wore it in chapel!!  I would have snapped a photo, but it wasn't very complementary of her because she looked so serious, almost glum... She was probably just paying really close attention.  But I texted her "nice outfit today!" just to creep her out a little.  She said that the shirt arrived JUST in time this week, because it's definitely an UFFDA week.  UFFDA MEG more like it, but they didn't have THAT t-shirt and the MEG would have to wrap around to the back anyway. 

I sewed last night!!!  Still not happy with the neckline and where the point meets center front...  I'll have to redo that AGAIN...  But I said something to the effect of "forget that" and moved on to the zipper.  The zipper foot for my Brother sometimes gets mixed up with the zipper foot from my Janome machine.  So after doing a VERY careful topstitching, the best ever I might add, I noticed that the backside of the stitch was all loopy!  dang.

You know what?  I very well might leave it!  It's definitely NOT fair quality and I'm ok with that.  

Leon spent a little while "visiting" me in my office yesterday afternoon.  He mostly ate Goghurts, drank juice and watched Scooby Doo, but it was funny to hear him growling at his Goghurt.  Apparently it wasn't cooperating with him and he doesn't get the concept of sliding the yoghurt up through the tube yet.  He'll catch on.

Last night, I also serged the hems on the skirt and the lining and will be stitching up the skirt hem by turning it over and hand stitching it, but will machine sew the lining hem.  That will be tonight.  AND I have tomorrow to finish up the bling handstitching and the sewing in of the lining.

Found out last night that there MIGHT be a chance my baby girl may be going to prom!

We won't use this pattern.

4 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Leon looks so grown up in that photo. I guess it's his hair? No, he's just getting big.

We won't use this pattern...
How many times have I said that? Some patterns are one use patterns, definitely.

Michelle said...

I used to say UFFDA a lot when I was growing up. I miss that word!

Sonya Ann said...

Leon would fit in here perfectly, I growl at things too.

Jill said...

He's just growing up so fast! So adorable! Scooby-Doo is still a big hit here with Kathleen. Prom...super exciting! Can't wait to see that dress design ;-)

Blessings,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails