Thursday, April 16, 2015

Digging In The Dirt/Bagels

About a week ago, we needed to have our plumber guy fix our kitchen sink.  A constant drip unless you slid the faucet handle a certain way when done.  Did ANYONE remember to do that except me?? No.  So I had to dummy proof it.  Got Brian to come over.

In the process, I had to clear out all the junk that had been thrown under the sink so he could reach the valves.  I put them in a big box and set it aside.  In the process of putting things back under that actually belong there, I found some starter plant pots!!  I probably bought them in 2005...  

Don't judge me!

I left them handy for Leon to start a garden.  So yesterday during my break, Leon asked me "PLEASE Can we make plants??!"  He even folded his hands while asking me!

Prayer works people!!

He found his gardening supplies (a kids shovel and hoe, blue and purple, in that order)  and we headed off to my raised garden for some dirt.  He had a blast breaking up the clods of dirt and we spooned them into each cup.  


Then found the seeds.  We've got seeds from SEVERAL years ago saved.  Summer squash from last fall, bell peppers from who knows when, sunflower seeds from when Maddy was in middle school, tomato seeds from who knows when and some bush green beans from a while back too. 

It'll be interesting to see if anything comes up!  I'm banking on the summer squash myself...  YUM.
Doubtful we have room for everything IF they grow.  Might have to give some away.

When we got done, we asked him what we would have if they grew.  
He said Butterflies!

He'll get his complete answers in science class someday.  But for now, he'll settle for "Nope!"
 
In other news, the lilac bushes are FINALLY budding out! Yay!


And Leon saw me replacing the batteries in the camera this morning and begged for a picture of himself.  He's eating blueberry bagels with cream cheese and watching Paw Patrol.  


Breakfast of almost nekkid champions everywhere!

8 comments:

slugmama said...

Turn the heat down in your house and I bet you can get him to put on clothes.....or maybe not. lolz

Jill said...

Good luck with the seeds! Hopefully your sink is all better... ;-) Enjoy the day and all the new signs of Spring!!!!

Gill - That British Woman said...

our daughter was like your little man, pleased to say she grew out of it!!

Michelle said...

I think his breakfast looks pretty good!

Southern Gal said...

Gardens are great especially with littles to weed it for you. ;)

Southern Gal said...

Gardens are great especially with littles to weed it for you. ;)

Frances said...

Hope you have a great harvest of butterflies!

Jane said...

Seems like every time I see Leon he's nekkid! He must need a lot of baths lol!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails