Thursday, April 23, 2015

Snakes on a dinosaur toy

Do you see any little gray snakes in this ice cream bucket habitat?
Neither do I...  There is one loose in Leon's room... or somewhere...  I called Ryan to find out just what kind of a snake it was and he said a small gray one.  Well, THAT'S not a garter snake description!  
And THAT'S why Leon slept with us last night. 
He wasn't happy about it either.

 

Back on Saturday, I attended our sewing meeting and got inspired lots!  So much so that I actually did some sewing this week!  


On Sunday late afternoon, my friend Julie (the recipient of the pranks) brought by her gown for me to hem for her.  


I had it done by Tuesday night. It looks beautiful on her too!


And since I was on a roll and the sewing machines were out, I FINALLY finished Amanda's veil and matching bow on a comb. WHEW!  I texted her to guess what I'd finally completed.  It was amazing but she guessed correctly on the first try!  She must have been waiting for that message.
 

Also on Tuesday night, I got a phone call.  A young man looking for someone to hem his girlfriend's prom dress for this weekend.  I'd been referred by our librarian...  So I'm doing a triple hem on a very pretty flowing prom dress too!  This girl is SHORT, so I'm whacking off a whole 6 inches...  She tried it on for me or I wouldn't have believed it.  So I'll be cutting into that starting on my lunch, maybe.  And tonight and tomorrow night if necessary...  It needs to be done by Friday evening.  
 
No problem.  Leon will be gone this evening and tomorrow night as well, so I should be able to have time to do it.

Got paged at 12:30am and stayed up for almost 2 hours working on it...  Going to be a g.reat day!  
Where's my caffeine?

Meri starts driver's ed tonight!  WOOHOO!  I remember my driver's ed days.  FUN TIMES!  Oh the girl that came by with her prom dress will be there so Meri won't feel all alone.  

THEN got a message this morning that poked holes in my sails, sucked away the wind beneath my wings, let me down like a brick falling from an airplane, etc, etc.  You get the picture.  Maybe you don't.  I'm pretty cryptic.  Let's just say, it's going to be a long day and weekend...  
I'll need lots of cuddles with Leon over my lunch break.  

Forget the sewing for now!

5 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

very cryptic, I'll send some cyber hugs if that will help also?

I would NOT be sleeping in Leon's room either if there was a snake on the loose!!

Sonya Ann said...

If there was a snake loose in my house, welp, we would have to leave with only the clothes on our backs. And I would check everyone before we left.

Frances said...

Your friend's gown is beautiful!

Your cryptic message left me baffled. I hope the news was not too bad.

Jane said...

Now I'm worried. Hope all is ok.
One night when I was about 10 I heard my mom scream - I quickly looked over to the coke bottle on my dresser...yup, the baby frogs had escaped!!

Jill said...

Hope everything is ok!! Keep us posted hugs!
Wow...driving... time sure goes by quickly! Sounds like you have to open a shop for sewing! You are in high demand!! Have a great weekend!

Blessings
,Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails