Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Gathering the chicks

Saturday morning was the Preschool open house.  It rained so Leon wore his snazzy new rain jacket that I didn't think would fit him for another 2 years or so.  We were the first ones there, promptly at 9am. Ryan and Meri attempted to find their old class photos in the photo albums.  We found Meri and Maddy's but I think Ryan had been sick the day they did his class picture.  They had fun pointing out all their friends.


Leon had a blast!  He got to see the baby chicks but not touch them.  In the past open houses, (13 - 20 years ago) the kids got to hold them.  I guess someone must have gotten pecked somewhere in between then and now...  darn.  He got to see the egg shells they came out of too.

His favorite thing was play in the corn kernels with the farm equipment.  Another kid came a little while later and took it over.  Leon was not happy.  Good thing that kid is going to be coming on a different day than him next fall!  I was sensing a rumble.


Also good thing Leon has a potential double dose of ADD, because he got distracted easily and got involved with some other games and toys. 


Meri came along with us and at one point, one of the teachers told Leon that he should show his mommy and daddy the tornado in a bottle.  Meri said with shock, "I'm NOT his mom, I'm his aunt!  Ryan's sister!  I'm Meri!"  OOOHHHHH!!!  NOW she remembered Meri!


Meri was not pleased.

We stayed almost a half hour before the place filled up with kids and their parents so much it was hard to find an open game without interacting with another kid.  and according to Leon, that was out of the question.  Leon was NOT pleased either when Ryan and I both motioned for the door to leave!  He pitched a fit and screamed for several blocks upon leaving.  I think the teacher was pleasantly pleased that he'd had such a good time.  At least that's what she said...

And I suspect she was actually, secretly, a little worried for this coming fall...

3 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

oh dear me. He'll settle in fine in the Fall and will learn to play nicely with others!!

Sonya Ann said...

It looks like he had a good time. Meri not so much. My brother was 14 years younger than I was so I carried him all the time. I got a lot of dirty looks.

Michelle said...

He will get the hang of it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails