Monday, April 27, 2015

Weekend Rundown

Friday night.  Right after work, I ran over to where the prom girl worked and wrote on my arm in pen where her shoulder come up to.  I had to verify the height of that dress before I completed it!  Went home and it was RIGHT!  Whew!  She IS short!  I did a quick *not pretty* hem on the two linings and met back up with her when she got off work at 8.

Then Meri and I watched part of another episode of Stephen King's The Stand...  She likes creepy things and I liked that mini-series once upon a time.

She'll never look at a bird sitting on a highway sign the same way EVER again...

Saturday. Robb and I headed out to see my Mom and Dad.  Had a very nice time visiting, doing a few chores and enjoying lunch and cappuccinos with each of them.  Mom's laptop is acting up, so I need to sic my brother on it.

We got home around supper time and made Meri come home from the neighbor kid's house where she'd been hanging out all day.  The track meet where she supposed to work Saturday had gotten rained out.  

Meri, neighbor kid and myself went over the high school and watched the Prom Grand March.  FUN!  


Here is the dress that I hemmed.  It's the black dress on the girl to the left.



Sunday, Leon came home!!!  We did some shopping after church, went home and mowed the front yard, then discovered the rider mower battery was completely dead and wouldn't even work with a jump.  So we headed back to Lowes to get a replacement.  I mowed the back and Meri videotaped me with her camera from the living room with Leon...  I have no idea where THAT will end up, but I did make faces at her.


I have a feeling this week is going to fly by.  At least I hope so!  I've already got next weekend planned!  

4 comments:

Jane said...

Yup, she's short alright! I have to admit I was worried that dress was going to end up around her knees!

Jill said...

Awesome job on the dress! Have a great week!

slugmama said...

And just what's so bad about being short?!? ;-)

Yay Leon is home!

Southern Gal said...

It turned out so pretty, Valerie. Oh, and a lady asked me to hem her daughter's prom dress. I politely turned her down. My stress level didn't need to go through the roof. I gave her the name of someone else who would love to do it for her. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails