Monday, May 11, 2015

Overload of desserts

I really need to stop starting my Monday post with, "It was a crazy weekend"...  

But here goes.

It was a crazy weekend in the McVal household...  


Friday afternoon, I worked from the car so that I could get Meri back from her marching band performance in time for driver's ed.  She drove back.  Thank goodness for a Hot Spot and a laptop!
 
Friday night, got Meri to driver's ed and then worked on the yard.  Robb called me when I was half way through mowing the back yard.  He was HOME!!!  But I was going to finish the yard before I ran out of energy, so I just said, "be in in a little bit!"  Then the rider mower wouldn't start back up.  It rained most of the rest of the weekend so it's still sitting back there.  With a big square patch of tall grass around it...    darn.


Saturday, Got Meri to her bus for the large group contest early!  We didn't know where it was being held, so Robb and I missed it.  We had a houseload of company anyway and a party to prepare for that night.  


My twin nieces graduated from the local college and we hosted a graduation party for them both at our house afterwards.  Too many people to sit around the table, so the party spilled into the living room and kitchen.  Robb smoked a pork loin for sandwiches.

Meri tagged along with some friends to several graduation parties as her moped was worrying her.  Then, not sure if accidental, got left at one stranded.  Robb left in the middle of our party to bring her home to see her cousins.


The nieces gave me two bridesmaids dresses to hem.  We got them measured up and they promised to either squat or stand on their tippy toes if I measured wrong.  GOOD!  The dresses hang on my hutch currently.  One has 2/3s of the baby hems done and the other has only been cut.  6 out of 18 seams complete!  Woohoo!  


Sunday, Meri surprised me by taking me out for a Moolatte after church, then we attended 3 graduation parties and by 5pm I had eaten the equivalent of 3 meals & 6 desserts...  

Mother's Day was very nice.  At dinner the kids gave me cards with very sweet personal things written in them.  I think their attempts to make me cry were on overload.  I got two calls from Maddy even!


Well, it's going to be another busy day for me at work.  Leon will be playing behind me for part of it.  

And I'm sorry!  I hope to get caught up with all of you soon!  My computer memory doesn't allow me to just load all your blogs at the same time anymore, then read one or two here or there.  

It, as well as I, is getting old...

I hope you had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Southern Gal said...

You don't have a spare minute ever. How do you do it all? I want to cry, "Mercy" for you when I read all you do every day! Hope you get to catch your breath before the next wave!

Out My window said...

I am so glad someone else lives a life like mine, it must be the computer science gene....

Frances said...

You are a partying family, that is for sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails