Monday, July 13, 2015

Colorado or Bust: Day 1

We got to see my girl!!!!  Yep - you've been probably wondering where I've been for the last week... Or last month...  Well, too busy to come visit for one thing.  This week doesn't look much better.  But I hope to.

But anyway, we went on a 3 day vacay last week and went to see Maddy in Colorado!!!  We traveled part way Tuesday night and the rest on Wednesday morning, getting there in time to pick her up and take her to work.  The host's family where she's living/housesitting is AWESOME!!!  A more than a million dollar house on a lake and has a movie room.  I'll elaborate more on that another day.

But.  Day 1.  We picked her up from the host's house and took her to work.  

 

She was helping host a soccer camp for every morning this week at the church.  It was rainy, so soccer camp was indoors.  Meri, Leon and I helped out.  Sort of.  My feet were killing me that night, but I did do the toe taps on the soccer balls!  And Leon mostly made the water fountain spray on the floor and kick around the hover ball.


We went out to lunch at Five Guys.  Great burgers and fries!  And wow...  Leon looks like one of his daddy's cousins in this shot...

Came away with leftovers that got left in the car the rest of the day and over night.  Visited the historic downtown of Fort Collins and had fun walking around seeing all the sights, buying a few things, eating...



 This dinosaur moved and roared.  Kind of creepy and really scared Leon, but when he realized it's legs didn't move, braved up a little...


 Found a fantastic book store and bought a book for Leon's daddy.  "Darth Vader & Son".  Hilarious if you're a Star Wars fan!  Leon thought it was for him, so the girls had to repeatedly read it to him the rest of the week.


Little OCD boy couldn't pass any of these tree grates up.  He had to run around every stinking one of them...
 


 Then back to foothill/mountain views where Maddy pointed out the ones she'd climbed and had a sandwich on top of.


 We got back to the church in time to help out with Kid's night.  The guy below is from Maddy's college also.  He drew chalk outlines of the kids on the playground and they made him get his own done too.  I refused.


Towards the end of the kid's night, they had a Just Dance party for the kiddles.  The little girls in the front just watched the screen as it was the song, "Let it go" from Frozen.  While they didn't want to dance at all, several others did and Maddy and Nate really got into it.  They'd been practicing.  I've got a video of both of the songs but I'm having trouble with the sound.  I'll get it downloaded right eventually...


Then Maddy camped out at the hotel with us both nights.  It was almost like having her home!  Oh honey, do you want me to mail you the shorts you left behind?

 
And now I'm back to yuck hot weather and "seems like" knee high grass...  
Wish I was in Colorado...

4 comments:

Southern Gal said...

This just makes me happy! You got to spend time with your girl!

Jill said...

Awesome you got to spend time together! I love ALL the pictures :-) Have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

Jane said...

What a fun time! I guess that song from Frozen just freezes those girls right up! It's mesmerizing!

Sonya Ann said...

You might need to be reminded to breath. You do so much and I thought it was nuts here with us having a pool party here almost every weekend. Anna and Scott came for a visit. The garage door is busted, the white car is leaking everywhere, my van now lurches forward and then revs up. Not to mention all the home repairs and now I am pretty sure that I did fracture something in my foot when I fell out the backdoor but its been 3 weeks and I'm not getting an xray now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails