Monday, July 6, 2015

Weekends were made for watermelon

I have no photos today.  They're upstairs on the camera and I refuse to make the trek to get it.  PLUS, a few still need to be taken of my projects.

So anyway, weekend rundown...

Thursday night, no one else was home, so I sewed!!!  After getting off work late and visiting with a friend for a little while, I mean.  I made one of those maxi skirts and a poncho.  They don't go together.  I wore the skirt to church on Sunday and it kept trying to slide down my hips and get longer...  Meri has since claimed it.  The poncho needs some work, but is close.  I sewed a binding on one edge and as soon as I was done realized it was totally wrong for this thing...  darn.

On Friday, I met up with Robb and Meri for lunch, then went grocery shopping.  Got home to a few of Robb's friends who had come for the weekend to play computer games with him.  So the sounds of Diablo or zombies permeated the air of my dining room for 2.5 complete days.  I mostly cooked or hid out and sewed upstairs.

Friday night, Meri and I made s'mores on the deck and watched the fireworks show.  Photos still on the camera.  The guys came out to watch it too. 

Saturday, Meri and I tried to find garage sales, but they were all closed for the holiday apparently...  So we did a little shopping, I took her to work, then went home.  I got creative and brainstormed for an idea to repurpose an article of clothing into something else.  I came up with the idea of turning one of Robb's old Hawaiian shirts into a top for me.  I had to skimp on the fabric here or there but made it work.  It's almost done.  Just needs a hem and feminine buttons.  I'll enter it in the fair.

It's a little snug on me, but actually looks good.  I'll keep it.  Meri wants me to make another. How many old Hawaiian shirts do I have around here???

Sunday after church, the guys STILL played into the afternoon.  I sewed a little more.  When they were getting ready to leave, they moved Leon's Eagle's nest into place for me.  All killing noises forgiven!  We got the slide installed later last night and mowed the area where it had originally been planted.  Leon is going to be so surprised and love it!

Then Meri and I broke the transmission on her truck taking branches out to the landfill.

fun fun!  Gotta run.  Got a lot of work work to do in 2 days.  Have a great day!

2 comments:

Jane said...

I hope you'll post a picture of your new top! I saw something similar on Pinterest - converting a men's shirt into a woman's tank top. I bought a shirt but thats as far as I've got so far.

Jill said...

You are so creative! When are you opening your own store? ;-) Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails