Friday, September 4, 2015

Randomly Adding On

After browsing and dreaming through a Threads magazine last night for about 5 minutes, I was worn out.  I'm sure it was just the magazine.

Went to a farmers market with Leon yesterday afternoon.  We came away 5 cupcakes of various flavors, split them with my bestie and her hubs and we have one left over for his daddy this morning.  Plus a small poppyseed loaf.  Oh and a mini pumpkin.  
  
Mimi was right.  It was the day after September 1st and suddenly EVERYONE has pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING!  I remember why I love this season!  Oh yeah, and because I'll get to wear sweaters soon.  It's amazing how many more sweaters and warm things I own as opposed to summer clothes.  Plus I hate shaving my legs, so there's that.

I'm not sure if my heel is getting better or I'm just learning to live with it.  Also not sure if it's Achilles tendonitus or bone spurs.  SOMEDAY I'll go see a doctor about it...  For the moment I've found an ugly pair of shoes that make my feet feel oh so much better when they're on.  cushy, if you will.  

I feel old.

The kid SO loves watching other kids play with their dinosaurs on Youtube, so we made our own video.  Ok, I did...  Hoping to make a video with HIM playing with his own dinosaurs!  He's very creative and will give them voices on his own.  But he was being cranky because I'd turned off Youtube so he wasn't cooperating...  So it's me playing with his toys.
Enjoy!


Speaking of being creative, Leon did a craft last night!  I couldn't find the Childcraft Make & Do book so we used the modern version, Pinterest, and found something for him to make.  It had to be a craft with dinosaurs.  Three year olds can be stubborn.


He worked hard at it.  What do you think?


I figured out a thing for work yesterday and feel like THE MASTER!  Of course, I'm not, but little successes make me feel good.

I just need to finish the newsletter today and get it off to the gal to print.  I think I'm missing a vital photo...  I'll scour my emails and see if it's in there.

Even though my Saturday is supposedly free, I'm mentally filling it up.  Plus all my nieces on Robb's side & my two girls are coming for Super Secret Steak night tomorrow night.  They're taking a break out of their kind of monthly Nieces weekend to hang with us!  I've got the fire pit ready to fire up too if they stay that late.

I think we're missing a couple of the girls in this photo.

My sister-in-law invented Niece's weekend several years ago and it's a hit.  They do spa stuff, go on great field trips, even if it's to a vineyard...  But they have so much fun together.  I wish I lived closer to my siblings so we could do something like this so they could get to know their cousins on my side better!



Well... my cappuccino is gone now and no matter how hardworking dogs are said to be, they're not going to take care of themselves.
Have a great weekend!  

4 comments:

Frances said...

I feel for you with foot/heel pain. I have bone spurs and they are so freaking painful. The podiatrist made orthotics for me and they made my feet hurt! Wasted money there.

Ice and excedrin keep me walking.

Michelle said...

The hubs has some chronic foot pain. Not fun for him. Ice and ibuprofen have kept him going. LOVE the dino video!

Jane said...

That is such an awesome video!!! but I also look forward to seeing Leon play with his dinosaurs :) His craft turned out super - he sure looks proud of himself :)

Jill said...

Tell Leon I said his dinosaur is amazing! ;-) Hope you are having a great weekend!

Blessings,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails