Monday, November 30, 2015

Thankful for all the nuts

Thursday was a lot of fun and we didn't have to go out in the streets and invite in perfect strangers to fill our chairs!  We got a few extra in-laws and had to bring in the piano bench after all!  

Below: My BIL and niece.  


The afternoon was quiet after the dishes were done and just about everyone was gone by 3pm due to Thankful Thursday shopping.  Robb and I stayed home and I put my feet up for a little bit and browsed through some of my Burda mags.  AHHHH....  

I made everyone fend for themselves out of the leftovers for supper.

On Friday, after a quick garbage run and picking up the keg, (rootbeer) I went and hung out at the hall for much of the rest of it.  Robb was already there unloading the car and getting turkeys into the ovens.

This is the official "Anti-Social Club" that Robb and Maddy founded.  I didn't even KNOW about this club for the first few years.  I just wondered where everyone was.  There are a few more members, but they either weren't there yet or were visiting with relatives in the other room and are about to get their club membership revoked.


Ryan visited while Thomas attempted to melt chocolate chips without the aid of a microwave.
It was primitive I tell you!


These are me and some of my sisters when we're not plotting against Robb.  We were only missing two!  Actually I think immediately after this photo, we did actually do some plotting.


We had to get revenge because of THIS photo.


Do you see what he did here?  A BIL was having us pose for a photo so Robb took one from his viewpoint...  My sisters  & I weren't too happy about all the attention on our butts.  

He had it posted on Facebook immediately, announcing how many likes as if he was a town crier.  There were 12 by dinner time.

So unbeknownst to Robb, we had same BIL take a photo of Robb and the kids with us behind him ready to stab him with plastic forks.  They can hurt if wielded properly.


He was actually pleased of our attempt at revenge and got a selfie out of it.


And then the talent show!!!  After everything is cleaned up, the kids put out chairs and we get down to business.  THIS is everyone being crazy for me...  COME ON!!!!!  
Too many carbs I guess...


Here are a few of the acts.




 I showed a slide show of my kids being goofy, mostly with their tongues sticking out at the camera while I read the poem "When I'm an old lady and live with my kids."  Since I was having difficulty and none of the music was working for the slideshow, Ryan volunteered to play a nice melody for the background music.

I don't know if anyone enjoyed it or not.  One BIL accused me of having an ulterior motive to reading it...  You mean, OTHER than revenge on my kids?  None of them will be asking me to live with them anyway, I'm safe to tease.

The husband of my fave cousin wasn't able to make it and be the MC this year so we asked my niece's husband to do it.  Brett did a great job but I still missed Tim's cowbell!  I think maybe next year we can get a double MCing set up.

The big surprise of the evening was Robb's new band, "Robb and the Nose Flutes" singing "Hold My Hand".  Robb hadn't brought his bagpipes this year and after very minimal practicing with Maddy and Matthew, like once, came up with this act.


So anyway, it was a Happy Thanksgiving!  Tell me how normal people celebrate!
PLEASE?!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks like fun and ya gotta love a nose flute! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails