Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thankful for so much!

AEIIEEEEE!!!!!  It's almost a 4 day weekend!!!!

The house is clean (ish) and ready for company.  Some of the big pots and pans that professionally collect dust in the garage all year have been scrubbed up and already brining one turkey so far.  Another will be boiling sweet potatoes today as it doesn't fit a turkey.  Roasters will get prepared tonight or in the morning.

Tomorrow is our small Thanksgiving and by that I mean that Ryan and Jen aren't coming, neither are Maddy and Matthew.  But Robb's sister and her daughter will fill in the gaps and pretend to be at least Ryan and Maddy for us.  We'll find some homeless people to fill in for the dates.  

Where's my caffeine?

Friday is the big day where we spend all day preparing for the meal that night.  I'm not sure if it's going to be as big as years past, but that's ok!  My brother is considering renting a popcorn machine or a cotton candy machine to make it more festive.  I'm thinking if it's a cotton candy machine, we're going to have problems...  And kids bouncing off the walls!  I mean MORE than usual...  Maybe we should just hire a clown.


My feet are apprehensively awaiting the feeling of overuse, but I'm going to wear my good shoes for the next 3 days even if they look like hell.  I might wipe them down with a baby wipe...  nah.    

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving people!  I'll catch up with you on Monday, when you'll hear me say, "zzzzz wha??  It's Monday already?  darn."

And just so you know...  I'm thankful for anyone that reads this.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I'm thankful for the laughs you give me! Enjoy and I'll see you on Monday zzzzzzzzzz....

Southern Gal said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Valerie!

Sonya Ann said...

I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. And I'm grateful for you, my friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails