Thursday, February 4, 2016

Dirndl, Lederhosen, Dirndl, Ice Cream

Maddy posted a photo of herself and friends just before they headed off to do their presentation.  I HOPE the dresses fit!  You can't really tell anyway, if you keep wrapping up the super long straps... So I'm sure it worked out ok.  


I wonder how their presentation went!

Maddy??

Mabs?

She'll donate the dirndls to the theatrical department and bring me back the aprons.  I have an idea on what I can still make out of the black one!  There is tons of fabric in that thing...

Then yesterday, I happened on a recipe that someone posted on FB.  I hadn't made this stuff in years!  So I wrote it down quick and went inside to get Meri and Leon.  I sent Meri outside with a bowl and a measuring cup.  

Bring back 10 cups of clean snow!  "What for??"
SNOW ICE CREAM!!!
wha??

So while she dug up the snow from who knows where, I mixed together a can of sweetened condensed milk, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and added a little milk to thin it out a little.  

She came back and I dumped it in, stirring well.


Then served.

I asked her how it tasted.

Like ice cream with gravel in it.  

Just where did you get this snow girl??  The middle of the road?

Leon picked up on that and teased her too.
Where did you get snow?  The middle of the road?

But gravelly or no, it was good!  Especially with chocolate syrup drizzled on top!


The rest is freezing into a tight snow ball consistency in the freezer.

If no one eats it, we'll have a snow ball fight.

I will not be posting tomorrow, so have a great weekend!!!!

1 comment:

Sonya Ann said...

"Like ice cream with gravel in it."- I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING! Dear Lord woman, you are funny.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails