Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The fire is so delightful

I spent an hour and a half snow blowing last night.  Yikes...  That snow was heavy!  And the snow plow didn't help by piling it up at the end of the driveway.  So move mountains we did!  Robb broke the chunked up snow apart and I snow blowed it out of the way, or in the slushy cases, over a few feet at a time. yuck.

About the time I got finished, Ryan and Leon got finished with their snow angels and came over to help out.  By throwing snow balls.  


Those things hurt when the snow packs as hard as it did!
They had a great time and I ran inside to grab the camera.


The slide doesn't work so well when the snow stops you half way down.  


Ryan pulled it out of the way and then Leon slid down the rest like lightning!


Speaking of lightning, the snow started up again later last night and the whole sky lit up and then the roll of thunder.  Wow!  I read a book once that said that when that happens, it's actually a German Nazi time traveling.  REALLY!  I loved that book.  Lightning by Dean Koontz.  
It's been published so I believe it.

Ryan set up a shot under the pines.  I'm so glad we had a flash!


And then he was OFF again!


The game here was to throw snow balls at the tree from the end of the drive way.  But Leon cheated and went right up to it.  then missed.  And I gather from his next move that the rules are, if you mock the person throwing snowballs, you get it next.


Today is another snow day.  Meri is out shoveling right now with Leon throwing snow in her cleared path and making more snow angels.    I gave her more chores than yesterday and hope to be smelling fresh bread in the house soon.

Stay warm!!!!  And drink lots of cocoa...

4 comments:

Sonya Ann said...

Sounds like a book Den would like. He;s part German and part Irish. My joke is he's a drunk that thinks he should be in charge. Shhhh, I reserve that one for when he is really mad. I know that it isn't PC to talk about people's heritage but he's not a good mix. He is instantly mad and then can hold a grudge forever. Ok, enough about my mutt husband.
We were lucky that we only got a bit of freezing rain and then it turned to just rain. It melted quite a bit of the snow that we had. So is it time to start looking for flowers yet?
Your boys are cute!!!!!

Southern Gal said...

Stay warm! I'll be wearing short sleeves in 73 degrees today. Crazy weather! At least y'all know how to make the best of it. I've never picked up a snow shovel in my life...

SAM said...

I should have borrowed a kid to have an excuse to play in the snow. He looks like he's having a ball.

Jane said...

Now I know where the snowcone snow came from!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails