Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Ten Minute Miracles

Keep in mind, for those of you that thought I did way too much this weekend, that WAS three days...  And at least 10 hours of it was sitting in the car.  I read to Robb during that long sit for 6 of those hours, reading one of the books that he gave me for Christmas.  It really made the time fly.  But during the last 3 hours, it was too dark to read so I mostly ate Cheese puffs, read him the highway signs and made commentaries on the condition of the weather and roads.
NOT as popular as Dean Koontz...

Luckily I got into a texting convo with Maddy about 11:30pm and that kept all three of us awake for the last half hour as I read them aloud.

I've been reading Dean Koontz forever and Robb usually gives me Dean's latest book every Christmas.  I got a set this time of the Frankenstein series that I'd never read before.  
Imagine that!  I thought I'd read them all.

But anyway, we had a blizzard from Sunday night into last night.  
I had three events last night to attend also.  

And what do you do when you can't be three places at once?

You pray for a blizzard. YAY GOD!

Due to the white out conditions of the blowing snow, all three events were postponed.  I was planning on ditching two of them and attending Meri's jazz band contest anyway, because kid events trump all else. But this way, I won't miss a single one!  

No that's not true.  I'm not entirely sure when the sewing meeting got rescheduled for yet...

So we ordered pizza and I worked on sewing the two bowling shirts.  


Leon has requested now that the dinosaur that I'll be painting onto the back be also a bowling dinosaur.  Okey dokey!  
I might try to duplicate this pic.


I went out to snowblow this morning, after putting on two of everything and wondering where my winter coat got off to, when I found that there was only one snow drift next to a car.  Whew!  Everything else was blown clean. YAY!  So instead of struggling with the snowblower that has a flat-ish tire, I just used the scoop shovel.  Done in less than 10 minutes!

I wish more things were!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Glad you got a break with the snow shoveling! Whew! One chore I do not like!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails