Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Keys of Honor

So Saturday night, Meri got home from the cast party a smidge before midnight.  Not that I knew for sure...

But at 12:45am, Robb woke me up and said that my phone was buzzing.  I had forgotten to turn the ringer back on from being at the play...  It was Meri.  
"Can you let me in?  The door is locked!"

????  So I went to let her in.  I found her sitting on the front bench with bags of poodle skirts and other things from the play surrounding her.  She looked as if she had decided that she'd be sleeping there all night.

She said that she hadn't wanted to call us first because once you wake up Dad, he's up for the rest of the night.  Not entirely true... Only if it's after 2am.  But Meri said she didn't want to take a chance since the actual time he says fluctuates.  Kind of like his three billion dollar sweater that Maddy vomited on that one time...  

Meri had tried calling Ryan first.  He, coincidentally, was the one who locked the door.  
But he wasn't answering his phone. 

And then her phone died.

She knew the code to the garage and so got as far as my office.  She even Googled how to pick a lock on my office computer but got nowhere when she attempted it.  
I'm so thankful she does not have the knack for burgling!

But then remembered that she had a charger in the car.  So she sat in the car for ten minutes while it charged up and then called me.

Girl girl girl...  Call me first next time!  You'll get more sleep!

So now we lock the door on her for fun when she's just running to the car for something.

So, speaking of the golden girl, she was inducted last night into the National Honor Society!  We are so proud of her!  Great job Sweetheart!!


 It took me back to when Maddy had gotten in several years ago.  What an honor!

Remember the dress that Maddy gave me 4 days to sew? HERE.

As they read Meri's activities, which went on and on, the next kid was already up and shaking hands and Meri had already sat down...  It's great to hear what these kids are involved in and have the opportunity to be involved in.

It really pays to go to a small school!


Above is the current NHS group at our school including the inductees, roughly 18-20 new ones.


Meri is involved in everything at school and has friends in every area.  I'm so glad she surrounds herself with quality people!


And she says she's anti-social...  She sounds like Maddy some days...

So... since she just got the key to the school, figuratively...

I guess we should give her a key to the house.

3 comments:

SAM said...

Well done, Meri. I am also happy that my daughter embraced all things new at high school. She may weed things down over the years. Oddly, son was involved in sports, but that was all, and older daughter after 10th grade started college classes, so kind of left high school behind, except for friends, but seemed happy just the same. Different paths for different kids I guess. I often think about an emergency key, but my kids have misplaced those too many times. yep, Meri should get her own key.

Southern Gal said...

Locking the door when she goes out now? Sounds like something we would do.
Congratulations, Meri! That is quite an honor. I was looking at my daddy's senior yearbook with him yesterday (he has decided to attend his first high school reunion this year - 55th!) and was looking at what all he was involved in. Not much. Back then you had a lot of FFA and FHA. He was in shop, student government and something about singing for fun?? He never sings. He said he didn't sing then either. He just mouthed the words. Ha!

Jane said...

It's a great strategy to keep teens really really busy :) That being said I've lost track how many times Kazi has called me from just outside the front door! Really...again???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails