Wednesday, March 9, 2016

In The Real

I had a whole evening free last night!!  So I made lasagna and felt the desire to sew something.

After finding some patterns to start my creative process of the wedding dress sample that I want to get started on, I realized that the measurements were in the van.  Robb had the van.  When I called him, he didn't see the slip of paper that the measurements were on, so I scrapped that idea for the evening.

So I looked around for the leftover material from the duffel bag that I made Matthew in January.  


He asked me to make him a waxed canvas Dopp kit that is similar to this $95 dollar one. 


I had done the research for waxed canvas and I'm SO looking forward to digging into that project!  But I couldn't find any of the rest of the fabric.  There must have been only scraps left...  
So I scrapped that idea for the evening as well.

On Sunday when visiting with Ada, she had asked me to make a new cushion for her rocking chair.  I'd made one years ago for it but since moving to the nursing home, she noticed that it looked grungy, so she asked her hubs to wash it for her.  He threw it in the washing machine and it came out looking like a very unforgiving raisin.  It's beyond repair.  So I took measurements of the chair and told her that it shall be purple!

I found some purple upholstery type fabric in my stash that feels like suede.  Beautiful stuff!  And made the cushion last night.  I made it with a zipper so they can take it off and wash it separately if needed.  I had some leftover padding that I intended to use for a baby crib bumper that just never happened, so I used that as the top and bottom of the cushion with some loose padding in between.  Taped it together with some packing tape, because THAT's what I do...  And it's zipped up inside of it now.  The sides still had some give so I folded up some fleece and tucked it in to round it out.

Hopefully it'll work!  and anything is better than the crocheted blanket that she currently has gracing it.  My bottom hurt the last time I sat there.

So.  Here it is.  My creativity in the real.  

I'm suddenly thinking that I'm showing you the bottom of it... As it looks a bit lumpy.

You just have to get the creativity  out!

2 comments:

Jill said...

You are AMAZING! :-) Have a great day!

Blessings,
Jill

Michelle said...

You are a seriously creative woman!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails