Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Mother of Invention

Meri told us that she had two projects that were due the next day and she hadn't started on them yet...  This was at 5:30pm and we were going out to dinner and shopping yet...  She wanted to go shopping too, so she did.

On the drive home, we brainstormed her projects and came up with a game plan, writing it down on an old envelope I found in my purse.  My mom used old envelopes for all her lists.  I am my mother's daughter.

One project was a poem based on the play Our Town.  She wasn't worried about that one and had a poem whipped out by the next morning.

The bigger project was to create a children's book based on the story of King Lear.  
No better way that to make a counting book out of it!


With Maddy cutting out numbers and doing grunt work, I did a majority of the illustrations and Meri put together each page.  


Starting it at 9pm and getting done roughly at 11, I'm a little tired today.


But it was so worth it!  


I hope she gets a good grade.


Next time plan ahead!!!!


As you can tell, we were tired, silly and reaching for #6 and #9.  


This book is a wee bit morbid for children.


But it does answer all the important questions on Meri's requirements list!


And I invented a word.


Sillily.  It's an adverb.  


I think ...

3 comments:

Sonya Ann said...

One thing is for sure, your family works wonderfully under pressure. I yell. Hey, we all have our talents.

Southern Gal said...

I don't do well under pressure which means I don't usually do well since I procrastinate. Fun project you all came up with!

SAM said...

Some of my childrens best work was last minute and under pressure. So mu h better than the group projects where there's the slacker kid no one can depend on so their part gets crammed in last minute. Yeah Skakespeare and childrens books aren't a given so well done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails