Thursday, June 2, 2016

Picking your battles

Yes... THIS is what the boy had for breakfast.  It was one of those mornings where he was adamant about what he wanted and hated all my suggestions.  


Rather than head him out the door with a tear soaked pop tart or bagel, I made him what he requested.   Why let him leave angry with me?...

There was another plate close by that had a few chicken nugget crumbs and a pile of ranch dressing on it...

Can anyone say O.C.D.?

I know what you're really saying though...  "Grandma is a spoiler!"

Not really.  I'm just not going to fight him on everything today.

You've got to pick your battles and I don't mind not fighting this one.

2 comments:

SAM said...

Our bodies don't require food to be eaten at certain times and certain orders. If breakfast is an individual choice for meal, why let what he chooses matter. I'm with you-not worth battling over.

slugmama said...

If it's between a Pop-Tart and Nuggets I'd rather him eat Nuggets. Who cares what anyone thinks!
This one is a non-battle.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails