Wednesday, August 24, 2016

As Random As It Gets

I've been ruthless doing some fall should have been spring cleaning, besides working on the sewing newsletter in my spare time.  Thankfully Robb has been doing the cooking!  Yay for an awesome husband!!!

Meri had a good first day of school.  She came home with no homework and only one class or two that she's worried about.  In Biology, she's the only kid who hasn't taken it multiple times...  She'll be the high end of the grading curve on that one.

We're upgrading our cable towards the end of the week.  I'd been putting it off because I didn't want to get into all the price comparisons between various options but cable will be turned off next week if we don't do something...  So I DID do all the price comparisons.  We ended up staying with cable and we'll be able to end the subscriptions for Tivo as this will have dvrs all over the house.  All in all, we'll be saving roughly $8 a month.  Woohoo!!!  Not exactly enough for even a pizza, but eight dollars is eight dollars.  

And actually the cost of taking a load of trash to the waste management dump!

Woohoo!  I can get rid of even MORE stuff!!!

Video of the boy at the grad party last month.


I guess Ryan was home briefly last night while I was in my office working on the newsletter.  He goes to an open mic night at a place in college town once a week and plays his guitar and songs that he's written.  They're good songs with interesting verses, but the refrains are suddenly in screamo style.  Not exactly mine...  but they're his.  It's basically an inexpensive form of therapy.

Is it bad that I haven't been outside in 2 days?  Maybe I'll venture into the sun today.  My pale goth look should scare some people...  But they will ask why I'm not wearing black.  Um... It's hot out. hello...

Well... I've got a meeting in a few so I'm signing off for now.  Got three work miracles to pull before the end of the day.  Have a good Wednesday!

5 comments:

slugmama said...

Well you could always do sans cable like we did and save even more! Just get a Netflicks account or something.

Southern Gal said...

We've found an extremely cheaper option for land line, cable and internet, but my husband doesn't like change. I could save $50 a month! I'm still working on him. So is my son. I think Leon has definitely got the moves. And he's making sure everyone is watching him! Cute.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I could easily do without cable, but TheHub is a college football fan and needs his football fix, so we keep it. Oh well.

SAM said...

Id be fine pitching satellite too but you guessed it, hubs! Kids and weddings-fun and unpredictable.

Jill said...

I have to say as far as internet options I love cable and after having terrible experience with other networks I'm staying put... lol for me it is all about the internet ;-) However I do have prime and enjoy that too. That little boy is so stinking cute!!!!!!

Blessings,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails