Monday, August 1, 2016

To The Ends Of The Weekend

 Friday night...  I made pizza.  It's been a while and I very well may have forgotten how to make it. We had to force Leon to eat 5 bites...  I made a lot of bread in the le'machine last week too and there is next to nothing to show for it today.  Apparently we have some "breadies" in our household.


I'm down to two loaves worth of flour in the cupboard so I better pick some up this week...

Anyway, off the humdrum daily chores that would make a frontier woman envious, I did some sewing this weekend too.


Oops.  The old time frontier woman would be envious of that too, as I use a serger.  I got a LOT of finishing touches done on the wedding dress this weekend and after agonizing over "does the lace part hang weird?" and "sigh... how many more days do I have to fit in another fitting?" I finally just hung it on my door and said, "It's done for the weekend. 

And my creativity was DYING for something new.  My ASG sewing group has a challenge to repurpose some already used fabric and make it something fabulous.  Kind of a Project Runway Make It Work challenge.  I pondered on what to make and out of what.  A few weeks ago, I found some brand new sweatshirts in a free box at a garage sale and had thought of doing something with that.  So the sleeves and seams were mostly cut apart before I realized that the pieces were too small for the only thing I wanted to make out of it right now.  So I dug in my stash and found something more suitable.  Got it cut out and mostly sewn last night.  Just need Meri to try it on and I'll show you a pic.  Hopefully it's not dreadful.

Reminded me of my freshman year at college where I sewed a new shirt for myself each night to wear the next day.  Sew like the wind!!!


As you can see from the scattered pictures, Leon was here for the weekend.  We played "Throw the fake cherries" game, "Squirt water on Meri's car while she's in it" game and I took him swimming, besides spending as much time with his dad between his dad's shifts at the restaurant.  I hope he had a great weekend!  


As I type, I am talking out loud in my head as if narrating.  Oddly enough, it's in Benedict Cumberbatch's voice.  So yes, I've finished Stranger Things and have moved on to To The Ends Of The Earth.  And let me just warn those of you who might be easily be offended, there are scenes of his butt.

We never did make it to eat at the British restaurant this weekend.  The plans for that kind of fell through, but Meri and I DID stop in yesterday after church and picked up some Aero bars.  That might be our new thing on Sundays... :)  

As much as I don't want to, I WILL gain weight. 

1 comment:

SAM said...

And why , pray tell, might someone be offended at that butt? My inner cougar does a little smile at some of these, younger than me actors. I usually have a 10 year limit, and I think he might exceed that, but the voice! Love the Aero bars. We ate plenty two years ago, bought a few to take home and then had to have one more in Heathrow before boarding. I think I would be fine skipping the meal at the British restaurant-I wasn't as much a fan of that as I was of the chocolate, but I'm sure a good time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails