Friday, September 23, 2016

Good Eggs

Trying something new this morning.  I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm a parchment Nazi.  

What is that? you ask...

answer: If you cook anything on my cookie sheets, please use parchment paper or I will give you a stern, stern look.  Dishwashing is a pain and if you filthy up my dishes, I'll filthy up you.  
Whatever that means...

And I'm trying to lose weight.  Not a ton, because then I'd be in the negative pounds, but not by much...  

So this morning, I thought I'd try out the cast iron skillet with some parchment for my omelette instead of spray oil. 



Well, it worked, but the cast iron was a bad idea.  Someone must have used it for a lid recently because a bunch of stuff burned to the stove and the smoke alarm was in danger of going off.

The omelette was good!

Anyway, parchment at Sam's club is pretty darn cheap, compared to the measly amounts you get at a regular store.  

So that's my plug for the day.  Parchment can be your friend.

Also, for no particular reason, I am remembering Matthew today.  No particular reason.

This is the first time we met him.


This is the last time we saw him.


Hopefully we'll see him again this weekend.  And I don't have a pic of that, because it's kind of... in the future.  My camera doesn't work in that direction.

Have a great day Matthew!

4 comments:

slugmama said...

Parchment paper in cast iron?!?
Oh,I just can't look....

Michelle said...

Matthew looks like the sort of interesting young person that I would like. I hope he continues to be a force in your family.

Sonya Ann said...

Den calls the fire alarm the dinner bell when I cook. I don't like him sometimes.
And I too, am trying to lose weight.

Jill said...

Awe cute pictures.... parchment in a cooking pan? Never tried that before, interesting! Only used it for my cookie sheets :-)

Blessings,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails