Monday, October 24, 2016

Talk about Strange...

Friday night after visiting my bestie for a little bit, we picked up some pizzas and headed home.  Meri showed up and we all watched the first two episodes of Stranger Things.  Maddy had wanted to do a marathon this weekend.  It's my third time seeing it... her first.

The things we do for our kids... 

Oh and the black lace showed up!!!  Woohoo!  It's still in the package.

So we watched two episodes of the series that night and the next morning, Robb and I got up at 4am so Robb could make a fantastic breakfast casserole (not to be confused with an egg bake because he hates that term).  The casserole had biscuits and gravy on the bottom and an egg mixture with cheese and other yummies for the top and then baked.  It was for the kids trying out for All State and the kids were going to be leaving the high school at 5:45am, so so we thought.

I was in charge of delivery.  As soon as it was done and Meri was sent out the door, I headed over myself with the casserole.  The kids all went back to the choir rooms to practice with the teacher and 

THIS was the cafeteria at 5:50am.  


A neighbor couple stopped in to bring their freshman daughter and food too and then a little later another mother.  We just sat around and talked while the food that everyone brought got cold.  The bus driver turned out to be Leon's preschool bus driver and told me some stories about that kid...

Leon is famous now.  Actually, he's INfamous, which is even more famous than just normal famous.  No one can forget the kid that flew like a ninja from one bus seat landing on another that was full of girls.  We're working on bus manners with him...

The high school kids FINALLY came into the caf at 6:30 to eat.  Whew!  At 7 they were finally loading up all the leftover breakfast items to be used for snacks later onto the bus and then they were off.  

I got home and got a load of garbage down to heat or electify the next town and then Robb, Maddy and I went to pick up two cars that were at our Car Guy's place.  Can I just say, this guy is awesome...?  My van doesn't leak when the air conditioner is on anymore!  WOOHOO!  It was beginning to feel like a humidifier was running overtime in that thing.

Robb didn't want to watch any more of the marathon, so Maddy and I did.  Meri had to work.  She and I watched five more episodes mixed in with some yard work all after noon and evening.  I've never sat so much on a Saturday!  We had a super secret speedy steak night and got back to the show.  
On Sunday, I whipped up a crock pot full of chicken noodle soup for the potluck after church.  Tip for you if you bring that soup for a potluck...  Putting the noodles in before Sunday school was a good idea, so they won't turn to mush for the dinner.  BUT don't put it on high like I did.  The noodles dissolved when a ladle hit them and it was basically chicken noodle sludge.  STILL good and will STILL clear your sinuses, but weird.

I'll be eating it for lunches all week.  Except for today, because I'll get new food for my lunch date with Ada.  

Finished the last episode of Stranger Things with Maddy when we got home and after hunting for a missing pair of sweat pants for a while, she found them and then she was gone.

I get to see her again next weekend!!!

Leon got home late last night and he was wired.  He'd been trick or treating with his mom at the zoo all afternoon.  It took so many Grandma Val Baby stories and 6 renditions of Jesus Loves Me or Onward Christian Soldiers to get him settled, but then all that was for naught when we saw that his dad had just gotten home from work.  DAD!!!!!!  

Tag.  You're it!

Only THEN could Robb and I watch a little of the season premiere of The Walking Dead together.  And the DVR only got the first 60 minutes.  It was 90.  sigh.  I was so upset from the 60 minutes that another 30 would have probably killed me.  

I'm just glad Daryl is ok!!!  Sorry...  I hope I didn't spoil it for you.  Shouldn't have!

But I'm with the crowd, "If Daryl dies, we riot!"

Not really, but he's so cool and Meri wants to marry him someday, so we can't let them kill a future son-in-law!

Strange thinking?  I don't think so.

3 comments:

Sonya Ann said...

Seems the boy is quite the lady's man. LOL. I'm sure his skill with them will improve as he gets older.
I've made noodle sludge before. Cool people make sludge!!!

Michelle said...

My daughter tells me I need to watch Stranger Things, might have to now that I know you watch it! The Walking Dead was all the talk in the teacher's lounge today.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I have never been able to get into Walking Dead, but I did binge watch Stranger Things. I have a like/hate relationship with it I think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails