Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The Price of Halloween

I took yesterday morning off from work and Leon and I spent the whole time together.  We carved pumpkins, watch a little of The Hobbit, and I gave him a bath. 

This is Owlette from PJ Masks.  Leon insisted and I did my best...

 It was a really nice time that went way too fast!

And my traditional triangle eyes pumpkin.  
We cut the bottom out instead this year and it worked slick!

And then it was noon and I had to go to work as soon as the boy got on the school bus.  After school, Robb took him around to various friend's houses and the nursing home to show off his costume and trick or treat.  


Then after our traditional Halloween supper of chili, I got the fire pit going and some chairs moved outside.  

He says this way is more comFORTable.  His word.

Meri took Leon around to a bunch of the neighbors before she had to leave for play practice and I manned the fire and handed out candy.  After she left, I left the fire in my mother-in-law's hands and took Leon around to the rest of the block that hadn't gotten hit yet.  According to Meri and from I witnessed, Leon invited almost everyone, strangers or no, to his house for dinner sometime...  I guess we'll have a block party!  He's so generous!

He told some teenage boys handing out candy to make sure they save some for the children.  They must have been snacking.
I could hear them laughing and talking about him two doors down.


We got back to the fire pit and found my MIL being very generous with OUR candy.  Every kid was being forced to take candy back to their parent(s).  Leon went in to sort his candy with Grandpa and brought me out some rejects or tried to trick or treat them out to other kids.


 He came out later and was seriously the candy nazi.  "DON'T TAKE CANDY OUT OF THIS BUCKET!!!  And ONLY take ONE out of THIS one!"  

Yes SIR!


He was in and out all evening.  Mostly yelling at kids across the street to come over HERE, because WE have FREE candy!


I'm not sure what our neighbors were charging or how he knew that...

Anyway, did you have a happy Halloween?

6 comments:

Sonya Ann said...

Chili and chocolate! Sounds like a slight stomach ache. But we had pulled pork so I shouldn't say much.
He is a little cutie and witty.

Anne in the kitchen said...

This post is so stinkin' cute! I am so envious of the time you have with him!

Jane said...

That doesn't look very comFORTable to me - my spine is going into spasm! Having a fire is a good idea - could be kinda spooky.

Unknown said...

So cute :D

Michelle said...

We live too far out in the woods (no joke) to have trick or treaters, so my teenage daughter went to "town" and helped at a festival.

SAM said...

Hah'I need him to come yell at me to leave it for the kids.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails